URGENT: SLOW INTERNET

NAChang
Grasshopper

Dear Shaw Cable Support,

I am writing to you about my *mod removed personal info* in Vancouver. There is ONLY one person living at this address and due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he has been working from home for the past few months. He has noticed that the internet is slow when there are other people with devices in the same space. He re-started the modem several times in the last few days and checked the internet speed shown below. Soon there will be another person moving in who will also be working from home. If someone would kindly assist me with this issue as soon as possible so it is up tp speed before the new tenant moves in. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Sincerely,

Nicole 

IMG_3986.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

No personal information

Yo_Sup
Grasshopper

NA Chang, 

Please do not post your Shaw account ID or a picture of your IP Address on the public Forums. This forum is public. 

Is the internet subscription Fibre+ 25 or Fibre+ 10? 

From that screenshot, it looks like Fibre+ 10. The speeds seem about right

0 Kudos

Your speeds: 16.85/1.59 I think that this is a "grandfath...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Your speeds: 16.85/1.59

I think that this is a "grandfathered" contract, with the "Internet 15" plan. Any new customer of Shaw gets a minimum of 300 Mbps.

Please contact Shaw, and see what speed that your current cable-modem is capable of:

• BlueCurve -- 1000 mbps (or higher, if/when Shaw offers that service)
  • Hitron - mine works at 300 mbps
  • my previous modem maxed-out at 75 mbps
  • the modem before it maxed-out at 25 mbps

Note that all newer modems include home WiFi -- a nice addition -- and have multiple Ethernet ports (one for the additional tenant?).

0 Kudos

From your image, it seems that your Internet Services Pro...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

From your image, it seems that your Internet Services Provider is SkyWay West Business Internet , which is a "reseller" of Shaw's connectivity, You will have to contact SkyWay, not Shaw, to upgrade to faster speed.  Or, since you are not a current customer of Shaw, you can terminate your contract with SkyWay, and sign-up as a "new" customer of Shaw, and get much-faster Internet, at a discounted price (as compared to what current Shaw customers get) on a "two-year Value Plan".

0 Kudos

Hi there, it appears that the poster is a Shaw Customer f...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, it appears that the poster is a Shaw Customer from the screen shot but is testing his connection with the Skyway site. You can select different testing sites like Telus, UBC, etc.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help