Wait Time for Phone Support

SGS
Grasshopper

What is the real wait time today for phone support?  I have been waiting on the phone for just over four hours now with no further indication of where I am in the queue or how much longer.  For the service I require the Shaw page indicates that phone is the only option.  Even so I tried chat line and messenger with no success either.  Is there an unposted outage or no support today?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
9 Replies

very sorry for the long waits times as we are busier than...

shaw-tony

@SGS very sorry for the long waits times as we are busier than usual. There's no outage, our support teams are working to connect with everyone as quickly as possible. Are you looking to make a change in service?

I need to disconnect cable service and close the account...

SGS
Grasshopper

I need to disconnect cable service and close the account for someone who has deceased.  There is no mention of this anywhere that I could see, everything is focused on adding or changing services but not closing an account due to death.  I did also use messenger to ask about wait times but the response did not address that, just indicated usually the client themselves has to close the account which obviously is not the case here.  It appears I need to do this by phone but today’s extreme wait with no indication of how much longer it would be caused me to finally give up after four hours.  If there is documentation that you are going to require (my authority to make this request) it would be helpful to know this upfront before I attempt another call tomorrow morning.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. If you are a family...

shaw-tony

@SGS I am very sorry to hear of your loss. If you are a family member, then you should be able to close the account without any questions asked. In this specific circumstance, you should also be able to do this at your local Shaw retailer as some equipment may be required to be returned.

0 Kudos

Why is the call back option not prompted?   I'm not sure...

Weiland9575
Grasshopper

Why is the call back option not prompted?   I'm not sure who has time to wait for 3+ hours to keep using this service and add services.   Shaw you need to do better in servicing your clients.   

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any reports that the call back option...

shaw-tony

@Weiland9575 I haven't heard of any reports that the call back option is not working. The fastest way to reach us is on social media or chat on our contact list.

0 Kudos

My present plan expires October 2nd.  Because my payment...

GoldieHawn
Grasshopper

My present plan expires October 2nd.  Because my payment is automatic from my account I didn't pay attention to my statement! Tried all morning to contact Shaw to no avail  so drove to the Richmond Mall Shaw.  They said they can't help me with my issue due to Covid and use the Chat line.  This could take alot more of my time!  How much is the same plan October 3rd.  We have been customers for years! I may switch to Telus.  Seems we get sucked in on cheaper rates then you raise the price.  Very disappointed.

0 Kudos

-- My present plan expires October 2nd.  Shaw will autom...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GoldieHawn -- My present plan expires October 2nd. 

Shaw will automatically switch you to a month-by-month plan, at their current price.

> Because my payment is automatic from my account I didn't pay attention to my statement!

Via the My Shaw portal, you can view all the Shaw invoices for this year.

> Tried all morning to contact Shaw to no avail  so drove to the Richmond Mall Shaw. 

While you were "on hold", did you hear a pre-recorded message about using online chat, for better service?

> They said they can't help me with my issue due to Covid and use the Chat line. 

Correct.

> This could take alot more of my time! 

Maybe, and maybe not.

Hint: telephone Shaw after 11 PM your time. You should get connected very quickly, probably to a Shaw "Call Centre" in the Maritimes.

> How much is the same plan October 3rd. 

1. Probably, the plan you had is not still available, because Shaw has "retired" many offerings. Also, Shaw has rebranded, e.g., "Internet 300" has become "Fiber+ 300".  Suggestion: if you choose 300 Mbps, or slower, you can keep your current cable-modem, if you demand that; any faster, and you will get the BlueCurve cable-modem. Some people on this forum have complained about the BlueCurve.
  2. This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum. Nobody on this forum is authorized to view your account, and to offer anything to you. Any such offer is a SCAM.

> We have been customers for years!

Search for "loyalty" on this discussion forum. Many "loyalty" gestures are not longer available.

> I may switch to Telus. 

It's a good time to evaluate your alternatives, including a "new customer" promotional rate from Telus.

You will lose your Shaw E-mail ID. Tell your friends that you are switching to Yahoo Mail or to Gmail or to Outlook.

> Seems we get sucked in on cheaper rates then you raise the price. 

You have not received any price-increases for the two years of your Value Plan. The price of everything is going up, from Macdonalds to Hilton Hotels.

I suggest that you keep Shaw for one month, while Telus (or somebody else) is running a fiber-optic cable from the telephone-pole into your home (assuming that you are in a area where Telus Optik is available), and setting everything up. If you have a land-line, you can "port" the telephone-number from Shaw to Telus.

Remember to return (Shaw will give you instructions on how to use Canada Pot) all your rented Shaw equipment (cable-modem, phone modem, PVR) to avoid getting charged for the hardware.

Yes, I need you to cancel my mother's service as she dece...

barb72
Grasshopper

Yes, I need you to cancel my mother's service as she deceased.  Her name is Helen McTaggart, phone # 204 825 2114 is associated with her account.

Account number is #200-0291-7790.  Her address is 115 Brown Street, Pilot Mound, Manitoba R0G 1P0 

Please cancel this account and can you send me a confirmation email to :  barbm@wesreed.com

Thank you

Barbara Reed  P/A

0 Kudos

You need to contact Rogers directly.

rstra
Grand Master

@barb72  You need to contact Rogers directly. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help