Wait Time for Phone Support

SGS
Grasshopper

What is the real wait time today for phone support?  I have been waiting on the phone for just over four hours now with no further indication of where I am in the queue or how much longer.  For the service I require the Shaw page indicates that phone is the only option.  Even so I tried chat line and messenger with no success either.  Is there an unposted outage or no support today?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

very sorry for the long waits times as we are busier than...

@SGS very sorry for the long waits times as we are busier than usual. There's no outage, our support teams are working to connect with everyone as quickly as possible. Are you looking to make a change in service?

0 Kudos

I need to disconnect cable service and close the account...

SGS
Grasshopper

I need to disconnect cable service and close the account for someone who has deceased.  There is no mention of this anywhere that I could see, everything is focused on adding or changing services but not closing an account due to death.  I did also use messenger to ask about wait times but the response did not address that, just indicated usually the client themselves has to close the account which obviously is not the case here.  It appears I need to do this by phone but today’s extreme wait with no indication of how much longer it would be caused me to finally give up after four hours.  If there is documentation that you are going to require (my authority to make this request) it would be helpful to know this upfront before I attempt another call tomorrow morning.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. If you are a family...

@SGS I am very sorry to hear of your loss. If you are a family member, then you should be able to close the account without any questions asked. In this specific circumstance, you should also be able to do this at your local Shaw retailer as some equipment may be required to be returned.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?