Jump to solution

Webmail upgrade won't save Preferences

mortmain
Grasshopper

Since the upgrade a few days ago to my Shaw Webmail account, everything shows up in a gigantic font not of my choosing. I go to Preferences to restore my preferred font and font size, but the program does not save these changes. Is there a button I have to click to save my selections? I don't understand what's happening. Any ideas?

My browser is up to date and working OK.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestions. Stupid of me not to speci...

mortmain
Grasshopper

Thank you for your suggestions. Stupid of me not to specify that I'm running Firefox on Windows 7. In any case, Webmail was down for maintenance earlier today, and when I opened Webmail afterwards it was working as it should. Must have been one of those digital mysteries!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jump to solution

Are you using a Mac, or a Windows (7? 8? 10?) computer? W...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Are you using a Mac, or a Windows (7? 8? 10?) computer?

What web-browser? Safari? Chrome? Firefox? Edge? Internet Explorer?

Under Windows, try holding-down the "CTRL" key on your keyboard, press the "0" key, and then release the "CTRL" key. This should reset the web-browser to "100%" font-size -- not "gigantic".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour on my own accou...

shaw-valerie

@mortmain I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour on my own account. When you update the display font size and then save the settings, do you see the "Preferences saved" popup at the top of the screen? What browser are you using, and have you tried to manage your preferences in an alternate browser?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestions. Stupid of me not to speci...

mortmain
Grasshopper

Thank you for your suggestions. Stupid of me not to specify that I'm running Firefox on Windows 7. In any case, Webmail was down for maintenance earlier today, and when I opened Webmail afterwards it was working as it should. Must have been one of those digital mysteries!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help