When does Shaw 300 arrive? January 19 today.

Not applicable

I had Shaw 150, but I'm told I now have Shaw 300. I've powered cycled my modem and router per Shaw's instructions, but my speed hasn't increased. What I'm I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: When does Shaw 300 arrive? January 19 today.

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We can take a look to see if we can help with this. When you run a speed test, are you using WiFi or a direct wired connection? Which speed test site are you using?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

When I run the speed test on WiFi, I get between 120 - 130 Mbps download. When I run the speed test on a direct ethernet connection, I get between 120 - 130 Mbps download. In other words, no difference. I favour Speedtest DOT net and speedtest DOT shaw DOT ca.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

babaghan thank you for the information. That is certainly odd as the speeds should be coming through. It may be a device limitation or something else. To get a better understanding, I will need a few more details. Do you have any 3rd party routers/switches connected to the Shaw modem in between your connections? Also, is your ethernet card on your PC gigabit enabled connected with a CAT 5E ethernet cord?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I'm using the Hitron CGMN-2250 modem with a direct Ethernet connection to a third generation Lenovo X1 Yoga with the Ethernet adaptor enabled for gigabit connections meaning 1000/1000 Mbps transmit and receive. All cables in my home including the direct Ethernet connection are cat 5E or cat 6. WiFi to all other devices in the home is provided by Linksys Velop 3 node mesh network. I don't know what else I can do besides besides have a Shaw technician nip by to see if I've overlooked something.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Today, I did some troubleshooting with Shaw's chat. Problem remains. We've booked a technician to visit me February 4 and I'm hoping we'll get everything sorted out at that time.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Thanks for the update! It's too bad they weren't able to get it working better over chat but hopefully the tech can get it sorted out for you in person. If you have any other questions in the meantime, please let us know!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

So the technician popped by. He was unable to fix the problem. My Ethernet port and the wireless adapter on my laptop both register between 120 - 140 Mbps download. He brought his own cable modem and duplicated the problem on his own modem. Before he left for his next job, he reconnected my modem but left me without internet connection. I called Shaw to resolve this and the Shaw CSR said they could have another technician stop by in three days. What??? I had to fix this new problem on my own by taking my modem to the Shaw kiosk at Willowbrook Shopping Mall in Langley where they told me the technician just forgot to reenable my modem after he disconnected his own modem. So I'm still no further ahead to getting this sorted out. If a Shaw technician can't fix this, what am I to do?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I found a solution to this. I've switched my services over to a competitor. Evidently, Shaw is unable to correct slow internet speeds even with a technician visiting the site. This is a known problem and Shaw is working to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help