When is the 600 being rolled out.

adikajt
Grasshopper

I live in Edmonton Alberta and the changes were suppose to take place today. Are there any time gated releases per city/capita or am I just being left out?

I have internet 300 and I did the power cycling not to long ago and am receiving the same amount of speeds. 

On shaw.ca I am receiving just shy of 300mbps Down with about 15-19 upload. On Speedtest.net it's completely different story, I'm receiving 200 down and 20 Up, fast.com puts me at 250mbps Down and 18 Up, so I'm super confused as to why no changes have come to the modem yet or to my household.

Like I said is there a time gated/locked until it gets rolled out for Edmonton or?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: When is the 600 being rolled out.

trsiddiqui1989
Grasshopper

Same issue.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Slow Internet speeds may be caused by Shaw network backbone or modem issues. Testing directly from your modem will identify if the slow speed problems occur on Shaw's side or in your internal network. and Shaw service call techs can only fix RF issue or equipment failures. My guess is that you have a local congestion issue within your neighborhood. I would ask the a service rep if you have congestion in your area. They should be able to look it up. Also reaching out on the shaw's community site might work too kissanime.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hey adikajt 

It is being rolled out in stages, but power cycling the modem should force it to update to the new speeds. If you've already done that and you're still not seeing the expected results when you run a speed test, there are a few things you can try. The first thing is to make sure that you are running a direct wired speed test with your other devices disabled - this will give you the most accurate results. https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-17573  has some more information on how to get the most out of your connection if you are using WiFi. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help