Why do i have to change mac address to get online everyday

cdx304
Grasshopper

So why is ShawCable playing this game now every day .I need to change Mac Address to get online i am getting tired of these games that are being played .

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Why do i have to change mac address to get online everyday

Not applicable

You have to change the MAC address on what? A router, the settings on your computer? That seems really odd.

How are you connected to the modem?

If possible, first thing to try would be resetting the modem to default 

0 Kudos

cdx304
Grasshopper

I have done everything i can and no change and really getting tired of shaw cables games .Problem is that the other company Telus is no better so what is a guy to do !!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Can you list everything you've done and what your setup is? There's a lot of people on here that may be able to help. It's very odd to have to change a MAC address daily just to get online.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Agreed..  Very odd...

Are you needing to change the MAC address to access a particular service?  Or the entire internet?

If just for a couple services, you are likely getting IP blocked by whatever game/service you are using.

If you can't get online at all without changing your MAC address, something else is going on (perhaps your device isn't doing DHCP correctly and just needs the reboot that changing the MAC address does to a router)

TALK TO US
We're here to help