Why does my download speeds keep getting down graded each new billing cycle?

jayf
Grasshopper

Back down to 300 after I got my new bill500+ after “the fix” I had this issue last month also after I got my new bill. I’m paying for 600 after I got a new bill my downloads speeds got locked to 300 after talking to support for a while they “fixed it” so I thought until today I got my new bill and my download speeds are once again locked to 300 why is this happening? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Why does my download speeds keep getting down graded each new billing cycle?

jayf
Grasshopper

I don’t want to keep paying for Shaw if this is going to just keep happening every month 

0 Kudos

Re: Why does my download speeds keep getting down graded each new billing cycle?

shaw-tamara

Hello,

WiFi results can vary based on a number of different factors, including things like interference from other devices and networks, as well as physical distance from the modem. I'd recommend doing a direct wired speed test for a more accurate result. If the results are lower than expected when you are directly wired in, let us know. You can also find WiFi troubleshooting steps on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1043

0 Kudos

jayf
Grasshopper

It’s definitely nothing to do on my end. It was working “fine” after I had talked to the tech. As soon as my new bill cycle hit it went back to lower speeds it has done this 2 times in a row. I just got done speaking to someone now they reset the modem but it didn’t fix the issue this time. They said I can go swap the modem for a new one if this doesn’t fix the “issue” then I think I’m done with Shaw because I’m not doing this every month. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

jayf I am sorry for any frustrations this may have caused. Taking a quick look at your account through your email address, I do see some poor signal to your modem that can be improved. I will recommend trying the steps here if you haven't yet, to reseat the coax cable connection. If you still see issues with your connection, your best bet is to touch base with our technical support team members to schedule a technician to ensure the signal to your modem is solid or swap the modem if it is faulty.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help