Why doesn't SHAW want my business? TELUS sure does ....

Kigan
Grasshopper

I have had numerous telephone and internet chats with agents with SHAW. The nervous is HORRENDOUS! Earlier this month I telephoned when nervous was down *the cable was off). The agent could not figure out the problem. She suggested a service appointment with a technician TWO weeks. I explained that the account holder is an elderly disabled person and that two weeks without TV or internet was too long to wait. She said nothing could b done about the wait times. I expressed my disgust and shock at the abysmal service and since the chat went on for so long she finally said, Oh we now see that there is a problem with the service. It is not a problem on your end. The cable came back on a while later. The interaction was so bad we contacted Telus to switch over. When Shaw received the disconnection notice the Loyalty department called us. We were not able to take the call at the time. Now, we have tried to reach them by online chat and by telephone about 4 times to no avail. I tried again last night. Almost two hours later still could not get through to Loyalty. I am on an online chat right now and being told to cal the main line. I am 400 and someone in line for a call back. Ridiculous. I am the one spending all my time and energy for this service na Shaw doesn't care. I will probably call Telus back to tell them to go ahead and switch service (the switch is currently on hold as I thought I should do Shaw the courtesy of explaining why we want to switch). It is so painful to deal with SHAW. 

Labels (1)
9 Replies

Typos. "nervous" = SERVICE.

Kigan
Grasshopper

Typos. "nervous" = SERVICE.

0 Kudos

i have sasktel fiber internet now and cancelled my Shaw o...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

i have sasktel fiber internet now and cancelled my Shaw over a month ago.  i been happy since.  hope your switch goes well, Shaw doesn't care anymore.  

0 Kudos

I just got off the phone with Shaw Customer support and C...

SaultOne
Grasshopper

I just got off the phone with Shaw Customer support and Customer Billing and seems that since I renewed, last week already received overdue notifications from the billing department even though I have paid in full 3 days prior and also haven't been able to talk to any supervisor either in Customer Support or Billing Department . Seems that once the customer was important to Shaw seems to have disappeared. No seems to care and the answer I get is to wait until next months bill comes in and it will be sorted out . Poor customer and billing service.

0 Kudos

very sorry for the long waits and experience. I understan...

shaw-tony

@Kigan very sorry for the long waits and experience. I understand your frustrations as we are busier than usual. I appreciate your time in reaching out and certainly want to keep your business with us. If you have received an offer from our loyalty team, our customer support members can honor it. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

0 Kudos

Update: It's 4 days later. I stayed with SHAW. Mistake.

Kigan
Grasshopper

Update: It's 4 days later. I stayed with SHAW. I think that was a mistake. One channel that I had prior had a message on the screen saying it was a preview channel for a limited time. Now, at least 16 channels no longer work. These are channels I had before I made changes as well as Crave (4 channels) which I added. I have been on hold for customer service for 32 minutes so far; and on hold on the online chat ("You are being transferred" message on screen) for 40 minutes. I am back to thinking that I WILL switch to TELUS. Over the past couple of days I realized TELUS offered a couple of things SHAW didn't when I decided to stay with them and spoke to Loyalty. These companies make it very difficult to understand their products so you can compare companies. 

0 Kudos

Posting here disconnected the virtual assistant.

Kigan
Grasshopper

And now that I made a post here I lost my place in line on the chat session. I have to re-start with the virtual assistant. Are you kidding me????

0 Kudos

Shaw-tony: the waits are always long! It never gets bette...

Kigan
Grasshopper

Shaw-tony: the waits are always long! It never gets better - only worse. I've been on hold for customer service for 42 minutes. Posting here made the virtual assistant re-start so I lost my place in line for an agent for the online chat after a 40 minutes wait! 

0 Kudos

we did have a TV service interruption yesterday (INC06186...

shaw-tony

@Kigan we did have a TV service interruption yesterday (INC0618639) where some channels were missing or heavily pixelating. The issue was resolved at 7 PM PT. Did you make changes just yesterday or was it 4 days ago? As an alternative, you can always message us on Twitter or Facebook.

0 Kudos

Update: After trying the upgrade services for a week and...

Kigan
Grasshopper

Update:

After trying the upgrade services for a week and giving thought to the service (incl. customer service and wait times); we have switched to TELUS. The service in all respects, and the PRICE, is superior. Sorry, Shaw, but after 30+ years we had to go. Tired of slow internet, cable going out, extremely long wait times for service by phone and online chat; online chats that drop randomly and when you post to this forum; and the haggling over prices for service are the reasons for leaving. It should've be so difficult to find a good package for a good price. Lesson learned: the best price given is never the best price available. Secured more tv channels, including premium services for a much better price. with Telus. 

To make my point further about the wait times: I called you at 2:42pm. The message told me I was 400+ and in line; the wait was 5-15 minutes. I selected a call back. I received a call 45 minutes later. Then I waited on hold almost 20 minutes when you called me back before someone came on the line. After explaining that I wanted to cancel the service I was told I needed to be transferred. As of right now I am on hold now for your disconnection (probably Loyalty) team. I have been on the phone for 29 minutes now in total. This wait time, as always with Shaw, is unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help