Well, I am optimistic that Bell/MTS will come soon to my...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Well, I am optimistic that Bell/MTS will come soon to my neighborhood. Their true fiber is about 200 yards south of us already and this spring, north of us is a new 300 house subdivision. I have a call into Bell/MTS to see ETA for our neighborhood. Until that time, Customer service will be called upon to reflect the "service" that I am not receiving.

0 Kudos

I am afraid Bell or BellMTS are not any better if not wor...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

I am afraid Bell or BellMTS are not any better if not worse than Shaws support. I used BellMTS back in 2020-2021 and every time I used my Roku TV it caused my tv service to reboot itself. I assume some handshake issue with the tv firmware. My tv only does HDMI cables as it is a new TCL tv. I spent countless hours dealing with BMTS and all they could do was keep sending me new equipment which did the same thing, They finally blamed my tv and my tv manufacture blamed BMTS.I also have a Bell Mobility cell phone and simple request they can help. Anything advance and they don't have any answers. my point being across the board these companies have poor customer service/technical support. The one thing Shaw could do is have more people reply on these forums from Shaw employees, I am sure one person could respond to customer concerns on these forums and make sure customers are being taken care of. 

0 Kudos

I would keep this appointment if I were you. I also have...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

I would keep this appointment if I were you. I also have been told 144mbps was good enough. I always end up chatting to them later at night and these people seem to like just ending the chat when they want too. I would rather talk to them later on but usually by time I want to try its after 10:00pm. I miss the times when Shaw truly offered 24-7 phone tech support. 

0 Kudos

Okay, Tech came as scheduled and from a positive perspect...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Okay, Tech came as scheduled and from a positive perspective, it was the same Tech from my Thursday visit. He checked out the "green" box and re-iterated that he would do the necessary paper work to get the Green box looked at and have a new line run from the green box to my house. This work is contracted out to a 3rd party. I also asked him to text me the requisition number that should be created to have this done. He said he would. Okay, I will wait for the requisition number. Something tells me that I maybe waiting a while for this to happen. Will call customer service tomorrow and update them with this. I will update when I hear anything. Stay Safe everyone.

0 Kudos

But your wired speeds are good, so signal in to the house...

rstra
Grand Master

@winterpeg 

But your wired speeds are good, so signal in to the house should be fine. Not sure what replacing the drop will do to improve poor wifi, but let us know how it goes. 

Before bluecruve you can change channel bandwidth to 160h...

plusmce
Grasshopper

Before bluecruve you can change channel bandwidth to 160hz now is locked .

0 Kudos

You can request Shaw unlock the 160Hz and turn on 180Hz....

rickatk
Master

You can request Shaw unlock the 160Hz and turn on 180Hz. I am not too sure that will help though. I think the problem still lies with your wifi setup including physical placements and interference.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone: I went into the XB7 modem and changed the...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Hello everyone:

I went into the XB7 modem and changed the MHZ setting to include the 160MHZ option(automatic) on the 5G network only. Ii definitely made a difference in all of the WIFI devices. My Laptop gets close to 700MBPS and my phones get upwards of 300MBPS. The Ethernet connection is now a little erratic. Starts at about 850MBPS and then the next test only gives me about 200MBPS. I don't really care about the Ethernet connection as I want WIFI. Also, I went on the Blue Curve app to see if everything looks good and the only thing that is not working is the ability to check all of my connected devices. IT shows them all connected and they are all working great BUT when I select to run a test to test the Internet, it just spins and comes back Unable to test on all devices except one TV. Not sure what that means.

0 Kudos

Quick update: The Blue Curve app is now working! Shows ev...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Quick update: The Blue Curve app is now working! Shows everything including that I am at 160MHZ on the 5G and 20MHZ on the 2.4G. I didn't realize that those setting could be changed on the Blue Curve app as opposed to logging into the actual modem. The only issue now, and I don't really care, is the Ethernet connection. I will check that out but, I don't use. Thanks to everyone.

0 Kudos

Just adding the last update, hopefully. The Ethernet conn...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Just adding the last update, hopefully. The Ethernet connection seems very unstable. I did get one reading of 900+MBPS, then when I did a concurrent test with my very smart phone, it dropped off and was very erratic. This is something that seems a little out of place. Tells me NEVER to use the Ethernet connection.

Well, I will live with this as Shaw's Tech support has been exhausted from reading from their "scripted" questions and answers.  I will be calling Customer service tomorrow to extend my Value plan for another year as they are offering the same $99 offer(that I got last year) to all customers, including existing customers.  I will live with this, hopefully Shaw will allow the extension. Take care everyone and Stay Safe.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help