I am having the same experience as you. Techs have replac...

REC
Grasshopper

I am having the same experience as you. Techs have replaced my XB7 Modem, the coax from the street box to my home and all the exposed coax and hardware in my home. My home is relatively new 2002. I have all newer high end devices. Iphone 13 etc. All devices slow together. I may have 500-600 and then the next day speed will ALWAYS be slower 100-200 with only one device connected to the modem.  I can restart with the Blue Curve app, restart by disconnecting the power and coax at the wall, factory restart by holding the button on the back of the XB7 for about a minute......sometime the factory restart works at restoring the faster speed, sometimes it doesn't.  Frustrating! Techs have been out to my home 3 times now for the same problem. They tell me that the signal at the wall is excellent.  Sometime the online tech sees static. I am frustrated! I will post after the tech visits tomorrow morning. I do not think I am getting 750 service from my Shaw Modem.

0 Kudos

Update I used Gordon1111 suggestion and changed the 5 ghz...

REC
Grasshopper

Update I used Gordon1111 suggestion and changed the 5 ghz from auto to channel 48 and 80mhz and my devices immediately tested 500 up to 750 for my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 which displays wifi6. So I'm happy......for now. I will reset to auto on the 5 ghz tonight before going to bed (via the Bluecurve app) and see what I get for the tech visit tomorrow. I should expect the same old same old which is the modem will somehow reset to 20mhz and test at 100-200 as it has been acting. We will see.

0 Kudos

Too bad customer care keeps sending technicians for these...

rstra
Grand Master

@REC Too bad customer care keeps sending technicians for these calls, nothing they can do to improve wifi and just passes the buck.

0 Kudos

Hi REC, when you set it to auto it won’t automatically re...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Hi @REC, when you set it to auto it won’t automatically revert back to 20mhz unless you reboot the modem then it will. This is why I am so sure it’s a firmware issue as setting it to any manual connection will speed it up, going back to auto will be okay but any reboot either by updates or you will bring it back to 100-200mbps. I don’t think Shaw is getting many reports as unless you are like us who regularly Speedtest you won’t notice the issues as much but do tell the tech what is going on. 

0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon1111. The only reason I thought I’d go back...

REC
Grasshopper

Thanks Gordon1111. The only reason I thought I’d go back to auto setting was to see if during the overnight period it would go back to slow and I could show this to the tech tomorrow. I did get an immediate change when I made selection from auto so I was assuming the same action may happen when selecting to auto.  A CSR discussion this afternoon stated that there is static/interference detected outside of my home when I was off auto and experiencing a fast connection. He felt that this may be the reason the troubles happen when it’s set to auto. I’ll update!

0 Kudos

Quick update here as well. I had set the 5g to auto 160MH...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Quick update here as well. I had set the 5g to auto 160MHZ AUTO and it changed itself back, so I set the 5G to manual, it only showed 80MHZ to choose from, and I then selected channel 149. This is working great as  my WIFI speeds are consistently around 700/750MBPS. The 2.4G is set to 40MHZ auto. I have at least 15 to 20 devices connect. So far so good.

0 Kudos

Glad to hear that your issue is working better now. Perha...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Glad to hear that your issue is working better now. Perhaps leave it at manual and should be good to go. Maybe in future they will fix this auto channel issue and can use that again. 

This is my update from a Tech visit 2 weeks ago.  I decid...

REC
Grasshopper

This is my update from a Tech visit 2 weeks ago.  I decided to leave it on the manual settings that I had made on 5G Ch48/80Hz as I had fast internet since I made the switch off Auto.  When the Tech was here (happy I got the same tech for continuity and I think he's a good one) he suggested that we split the 2.4 and 5 again, just sign in on 5 and go back to Auto. Still had fast internet which lasted for 2 weeks. When we came back from a weekend holiday I noticed that it went back to slow mode again...this may have been triggered by a power outage while we were away.  Anyway the same old, same old.  Tried to reboot with the BlueCurve app, tried unplugging both coax and power from the wall. I did not do a factory reset because I didn't want to deal with resetting my garage door again. None of the previously mentioned things worked so I changed back to manual and got fast again, changed it to Auto after several minutes and still got fast...so I do think there is a modem software problem which seems to react (for awhile) by switching to manual and then back to auto. The tech that I have been dealing with has the same XB7 modem and he has never had a problem. 

0 Kudos

I have the same thing with mu XB7. I have it set to manua...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

I have the same thing with mu XB7. I have it set to manual 80MHZ for the 5g and it seems great. Had a couple of power outages and it retained the manual setting. For the 2.4G, I have it set at auto and it chooses 40MHZ itself which is great for my 15+ cameras, plugs, switches, etc. Definitely a bug somewhere. The setting should be stored in Ram, so when there is a power outage, it should bring back, BUT seems to default to the "factory" Shaw settings. Oh well, not much that can be done and my solution is working great. Stay Safe and Happy Summer.

0 Kudos

Just an Update: the Issue seems to be resolved on my XB7...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

Just an Update: the Issue seems to be resolved on my XB7 modem. I had seen late last week the modem reboot itself, today I just unbridged my router and went with the modem and it seems to be working 100 percent. I have since unplugged my router and will be using my modem going forward.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help