WiFi speeds using apps

Robogow
Grasshopper

Hello

Ever since I switched to blue curve I've had very poor performance when using apps on my phones connected via WiFi. If I do the speed test on my device it says the right things, that I have around 300 download and around 20 upload.

But when using apps on my phone (reddit, CIBC, twitter) its very slow to download and watch videos, images etc. When I turn my WiFi off the apps behave normally and quickly but using WiFi the performance is poor often just hanging on the load icon and not working at all. I've had a tech out to replace the modem which seemed to help for day but that's it.

This is on my phone on WiFi and my wife's as well. Any thoughts? I've done all the power cycle resets and checked all cords 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Contact Shaw directly. Make sure they provisioned your ne...

rickatk
Master

@Robogow wrote:

Hello

Ever since I switched to blue curve I've had very poor performance when using apps on my phones connected via WiFi. If I do the speed test on my device it says the right things, that I have around 300 download and around 20 upload.

But when using apps on my phone (reddit, CIBC, twitter) its very slow to download and watch videos, images etc. When I turn my WiFi off the apps behave normally and quickly but using WiFi the performance is poor often just hanging on the load icon and not working at all. I've had a tech out to replace the modem which seemed to help for day but that's it.

This is on my phone on WiFi and my wife's as well. Any thoughts? I've done all the power cycle resets and checked all cords 

Contact Shaw directly. Make sure they provisioned your new Gateway. This often gets overlooked when upgrading.

0 Kudos

Thanks, currently on the chat with tech support

Robogow
Grasshopper

Thanks, currently on the chat with tech support

0 Kudos

-- I have around 300 download and around 20 upload. What...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Robogow -- I have around 300 download and around 20 upload.

What level of speed are you paying to Shaw to get?

With a desktop computer connected via a "CAT-5E" (or "CAT-6") Ethernet cable directly to the BlueCurve, you should get 100 Mbps for upload, and either 300 or 750 or 1000 for download.

I agree with the recommendation by @rickatk to contact Shaw.

Ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to the BlueCurve, to view the "signal-strength" reaching the cable-modem, and to view other values.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help