XB6 a mistake for me

Not applicable

i am very disappointed  and   frustrated with this  modem and  I am  regretting  sending  back my hiltron. I  will  be  downgrading  back to 150. i  cannot even get   my ring  doorbell  to  connect, other wifi  devises   keep  dropping  off  and  will not  connect  with   the  same  reserved  ip, and there  is   no   passthrough

Labels (2)
12 Replies

Re: XB6 a mistake for me

Not applicable

ohh  just   to  be   clear,  it was a  mistake  for   me.  That   does  no   mean it is  wrong  for  everryone.

0 Kudos

Re: XB6  a mistake  for  me

Not applicable

There is no pass-through but you can put it into bridge mode yourself if you are using your own router.  This is a first from Shaw.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey rassilon,

Thank you for reaching out! I am very sorry to hear of the poor WiFi experience you've had with the XB6. It is a possibility that it is an issue with the combined WiFi network. You can certainly split the networks by naming them different from each other with the steps here to see if it helps reconnect your smart home devices. Yes, there is no IP passthrough capabilities but you can certainly bridge the modem for a 3rd party router to work with it.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

shaw now have new technicolor modem, same hardware but it has a broadcom chip.  have you look into it?  

0 Kudos

Re: XB6  a mistake  for  me

Not applicable

cpmrich36 wrote:

shaw now have new technicolor modem, same hardware but it has a broadcom chip.  have you look into it?  

Do tell?  Which one?  I would love to see the TC4400...  But I haven't been paying close attention..  Which model?  How/where can I get it?

0 Kudos

I am still can not get my home security camera to work al...

Andyvnca
Grasshopper

I am still can not get my home security camera to work also Lorex camera for indoor and out door. even get no support from shaw. all their recommendation is not working.. Pay for more and now security camera not working and WIFI Keep droping on PC and laptop

0 Kudos

THE BLUE CURVE MODEM IS NOT DO WHAT SHAW ADVERTISING

Andyvnca
Grasshopper

THE BLUE CURVE MODEM IS NOT DO WHAT SHAW ADVERTISING

0 Kudos

-- WIFI Keep dro ping on PC and laptop Do you have two di...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Andyvnca -- WIFI Keep dro ping on PC and laptop

Do you have two different SSIDs for your 2.4 Ghz and your 5 Ghz devices?

Perhaps, you have a "dud" cable-modem. 

I recommend that you contact Shaw, and get them to follow their trouble-shooting procedures.

0 Kudos

-- the BlueCurve modem is not doing what Shaw is advertis...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Andyvnca -- the BlueCurve modem is not doing what Shaw is advertising

Did the advice from @rstra -- here -- solve your problem with connecting your surveillance camera, or the other symptoms that you reported?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help