XB6 Bridge Mode login issues

pwell
Grasshopper

I've switched my Arris XB6 into Bridged Mode but no longer can login. I can get to the website through 192.168.100.1 and try to login with the old password but it gives me accessed is denied. I have don't a factory reset and setup the modem with ensuring the password is correct but once I switch it back to bridge mode I get the accessed is denied. I tried the default username/password of admin/password and that does not work either. Can anyone login in bridge mode successfully?

Side note: does this modem allow pass through between the two ports while in bridged mode? I know the Hitron used to allow this.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies

Re: XB6 Bridge Mode login issues

shaw-tony

Hey pwellar,

Thank you for reaching out! If your PC is plugged directly to the XB6, you should be able to access the admin page through 10.0.0.1 as per our content here.

In bridge mode, if you have two IPs enabled, the modem will distribute them through the ethernet ports.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

pwell
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

It doesn't respond to 10.0.0.1 only responds to 192.168.100.1 and the password does not work at all as stated.

Also I do have 2 IP's enabled. I want to find a way to direct traffic from one to the other, however since it is only an external IP address given the router is not smart enough to know how to get to the IP address. Is there a known way to access each IP?

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

pwellar that is very odd. Did you modify the original IP to that? If you complete a factory PIN hole reset, you should be accessing the modem UI with the 10.0.0.1. Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

The router or device should be able to be smart enough to be assigned an IP. I am not aware of any manual way to do this as it is outside our scope of support once you bridge the modem.

0 Kudos

pwell
Grasshopper

Nope did not modify anything and have done the factory reset 2 times now. When it comes back 10.0.0.1 responds as expected, password works everything is great. As soon as the modem is put into bridged mode 10.0.0.1 is no longer accessible and 192.168.100.1 is the only access and the password no longer works. 

The router gets the IP address what I'm asking is the XB6 smart enough to route traffic between the two devices? I don't believe it is but just checking if others found a way.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

192.168.100.1 is a DOCSIS thing..  Almost all cable modems have the 192.168.100.1 IP,

However, you wanting to direct traffic from one IP to another doesn't really make sense.

0 Kudos

pwell
Grasshopper

It's strange how the 10.0.0.1 disappears when switching to bridged mode and also 192.168.100.1 isn't accessible when not in bridged mode. I would think someone else would experience the same thing?

I have two separate networks both behind routers. I need to RDP into a computer on the other network hence when I need to get traffic from one IP to another. XB6 will not route the traffic if I try to access the external IP address of router B while on Router A.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Well, the XB6 won't route traffic at all when in bridge mode, this is expected.

The CMTS (Shaw's router) should route traffic between the IPs though.

I haven't seen this issue before on Shaw, not being able to communicate between two public IPs on the same modem, but I haven't tried on the XB6.

I highly doubt this is a Shaw limitation..  I will test and confirm tonight though, because now I am curious..

As for 10.0.0.1 not being accessible when in bridge mode, kinda expected.  192.168.100.1 not being able to login..  Seen this before too, specifically the DPC3825 modem did the same thing..  Bridge mode 'killed' the cusadmin login, so it couldn't be logged into.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

you have to power off modem and start it up again. that problem has all ways been there.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Mine is in bridged mode and I can access it using 10.0.0.1.

But in order to do that you need to make sure you have a static ARP entry to access 10.0.0.1

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help