Xb6 can’t activate with Shaw

mineincalgary
Grasshopper

New customer - just received self install modems. Shaw can’t activate as serial numbers not in system and apparently they can’t add the serial numbers. The serial numbers don’t start with a 7 on the modem. Same issue happening with a friend who just received his.

also note Shaw doesn’t have a record of shipping them to me?

any guidance?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Xb6 can’t activate with Shaw

shaw-tamara

Hi  

That's very odd as the serial number should be associated with the work order - for tracking purposes it would have been entered in by the warehouse before it was sent out. Did you try to activate this by contacting tech support by phone or chat? What did they advise as the solution?

0 Kudos

mineincalgary
Grasshopper

Unfortunately everyone I spoke to could not enter the serial numbers. I ended up having to drive across town to the only Shaw location that had stock and exchange.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Oh, sorry about that! That's really odd - haven't come across this myself before. Hopefully it's all good now but feel free to reach out to us if you need any help. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Just a guess..  An x number of modem serial numbers were missed being entered into Shaw's inventory system..  Seen it a couple times before, or were entered incorrectly.

Doesn't matter if it was on the work order as a text entry or not, the back-end inventory system doesn't have the serial number and has to go to someone who can 'add' the entry.  Normal peon's can't add hardware to 'control' so that customers only activate Shaw provided hardware, even though the firmware gets updated on activation anyways.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help