@Time to call in a technician. Good luck getting this fixed.

rickatk
Master

@springbok @Time to call in a technician. Good luck getting this fixed.

0 Kudos

-- it's not guaranteed to be acting up right at the time...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@springbok -- it's not guaranteed to be acting up right at the time the technician is at my home.

Is there any correlation, and maybe causality, between your local weather (windy, cold, wet) and your outages?

One contributor on this forum reported a loss of connectivity on windy days, as the coaxial-cable from his house to the telephone-pole was swayed by the wind. Replacing that run of cable was the fix.

I have been wondering this myself. There hadn't been as m...

springbok
Grasshopper

I have been wondering this myself. There hadn't been as many problems over the drier summer months, it makes me wonder if it has something to do with all the rainfall we have been having recently..

0 Kudos

This is why a tech visit might be in order. They can chec...

rickatk
Master

@springbok This is why a tech visit might be in order. They can check the integrity of your exterior connections. 

Yes weather can be an issue for the reasons @mdk cited. 

0 Kudos

Any idea when this new modem/router will be available to...

Richlin
Grasshopper

Any idea when this new modem/router will be available to Shaw customers in Sherwood Park, AB?

0 Kudos

Based on previous releases, Shaw is probably testing the...

rickatk
Master

@Richlin wrote:

Any idea when this new modem/router will be available to Shaw customers in Sherwood Park, AB?

Based on previous releases, Shaw is probably testing the Gateway in Calgary. I expect we will see the new Gateway rollout elsewhere in 3-6 months.

You also need WiFi6 capable clients to take advantage of...

MikeRotch
Grasshopper

You also need WiFi6 capable clients to take advantage of a WiFi6 router.  I can guarantee your Smart Home devices you have currently are not WiFi6.

-- You also need WiFi6 capable clients to take advantage...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MikeRotch -- You also need WiFi6 capable clients to take advantage of a WiFi6 router

You also need to subscribe to the faster Shaw speeds -- "Fibre+ 750" or "Fibre+ Gig" or "Fibre+ Gig 1.5", to more-fully obtain the maximum speed of WiFi6.

You also need to connect to web-sites that can "push out" data at Gigabit speed (to each simultaneous user of the web-site). These are hard to find. 😞

0 Kudos

I am just looking forward to the improved range.

rstra
Grand Master

I am just looking forward to the improved range. 

More speed and range!!

rickatk
Master

More speed and range!!

TALK TO US
We're here to help