Zimbra Desktop Client

webguy
Grasshopper

Using the Zimbra Desktop Client (7.3.1GA) and unable to access the Advanced Search functionality. Has Shaw disabled this functionality for the Desktop Client forcing us to use the web client? In the Web client you can access the Advanced Search by clicking on the magnifying glass which brings up a separate tab in the UI.

According to the Zimbra docs in the Desktop Client next to the Seach Button there should be a Save and an Advanced button, neither of them appear, see screen capture below. 

Toolbar.png

user mailbox -> functions -> search functions -> advanced search

Has anyone else experienced this or anyone from Shaw able to troubleshoot?

Regards,

Paul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

--  anyone from Shaw able to troubleshoot? This is a peer...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@webguy --  anyone from Shaw able to troubleshoot?

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a direct path to Shaw Support.

So, I recommend that you contact Shaw (currently, online chat is given priority over telephone) to get assistance from Shaw.

this is a bit outside our scope of support. I'd recommend...

shaw-tony

@webguy this is a bit outside our scope of support. I'd recommend touching base with Zimbra directly to troubleshoot. I'm not aware of any changes that would affect that.

0 Kudos

Zimbra says it has something to do with the backend confi...

webguy
Grasshopper

@shaw-tony Zimbra says it has something to do with the backend configuration on the Shaw-side. The desktop client gets all its cues from the server on what is available to the end-user. Their suggestion was to check the back end configuration under the following: user mailbox -> functions -> search functions -> advanced search and make sure it is enabled. They would not help any further until this was verified.

0 Kudos

--  next to the Search Button there should be a Save and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@webguy --  next to the Search Button there should be a Save and an Advanced button, neither of them appear, see screen capture below. 

There is something -- two vertical lines -- to the right of the "Search" button.  Move the mouse-pointer there, to see if a pop-up appears. Can you "click" (or "drag") in that area? Have you maximized the application's window, to make more room for more icons?

0 Kudos

first thing I thought of when I saw the two lines. I trie...

webguy
Grasshopper

@mdk first thing I thought of when I saw the two lines. I tried doing as you suggest, no help. The toolbar is fixed and you cannot modify. I have expanded to full screen, etc. nothing changes. There used to be a workaround where you could hit a control+key sequence but that I can't seem to find it or make it work. 

Honestly, I would prefer to use Outlook 365 to connect but from everything I have read you need the Zimbra Outlook Connector and unless Shaw has licensed that it's not an option.

0 Kudos

-- I would prefer to use Outlook 365 to connect  Hmm. Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@webguy -- I would prefer to use Outlook 365 to connect 

Hmm. Shaw WebMail uses IMAP, and I believe that Microsoft Outlook 365 supports IMAP.

From: About: POP and IMAP email server settings can you setup Outlook ?

0 Kudos

what you suggest is an option but does not give you the f...

webguy
Grasshopper

@mdk what you suggest is an option but does not give you the flexibility that the Zimbra Desktop Client or the Connector would. IMAP only brings in your mailboxes but your calendar and contacts are not sync'd. I would still have to use the web client to update contacts and calendars. You can bring them into Outlook but they are only read-only. 

Our phones integrate well and we can sync mail, calendar and contacts but unfortunately do not have that flexibility with the desktop. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help