Visual Voicemail is available for all Shaw Mobile rate plans and is an Add-On feature that allows customers to easily access their voicemail messages directly from their device, without having to dial-in. Voicemail messages are downloaded to your device and can be played by tapping on the message in the Voicemail tab in the Phone app. You can also fast-forward, rewind, and pause message playback.
Visual Voicemail uses mobile data to retrieve and download messages. Roaming charges may apply if the service is used outside of the Shaw network.
Visual Voicemail is available as an Add-On for all Shaw Mobile rate plans. Visual Voicemail is available to iOS and select Android devices. Transcription services are available when Siri is enabled.
To use the Visual Voicemail service, you’ll need to:
- Set up your Voicemail services
- Subscribe to Visual Voicemail online in My Shaw Mobile
- Compatible devices:
- iPhone 5S or newer
- Google Pixel (all models)
- Android device with factory-installed Google native dialer (including the latest available updates)
Setting up Voicemail
Before activating Visual Voicemail, you’ll need to set up the included standard voicemail service on your iPhone using the following steps. On compatible Android devices, you will need to turn on Visual Voicemail, if available.
- Go to the Phone app
- Tap the Voicemail tab
- Select Set Up
- Follow the onscreen prompts to setup your voicemail password and greeting
On Compatible Android devices:
- Setup Voicemail by opening the phone/dialer app and holding the 1 key.
- Follow voice prompts to complete the initial setup of your Voicemail service.
- From the phone/dialer app, open Settings and select Voicemail
- Toggle Visual Voicemail to the On position
- Review any terms and conditions, if presented
Subscribing to Visual Voicemail
If you would like to subscribe to Visual Voicemail, you can do so online in My Shaw Mobile. Once logged in:
- Go to Plan & Device Details and select Purchase Add-Ons
- Locate Visual Voicemail
- Select the Add to My Plan button
- Agree to the terms and conditions then select Confirm
Troubleshooting Visual Voicemail
If you’re experiencing issues accessing your Visual Voicemail, the following steps may help:
- Confirm you are subscribed to the service
- Confirm you have set up the standard voicemail service
- Confirm you have paid your monthly subscription fee
- Complete a power cycle by turning your phone off and on
- If you’re still having trouble accessing your Visual Voicemail, contact us
- Confirm you have an iPhone 5S or newer device
- Confirm your iPhone has Carrier Bundle 32.1 or newer and iOS version 11.3.x or newer
- Confirm you have completed the setup on your iPhone
- Confirm your Android device includes the factory-installed Google dialer app
- Note: Versions downloaded from the Google Play store are not supported
- Confirm that the latest software and app updates are installed on your device
- Confirm Visual Voicemail is toggled On within the phone/dialer app settings menu
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is there sometimes a delay in receiving messages on Visual Voicemail?
To receive Visual Voicemail messages, you must have access to a cellular network or have WiFi Calling enabled. Visual Voicemail is not available on a WiFi connection if WiFi Calling is not active.
Does Visual Voicemail use mobile data from my plan?
Visual Voicemail will use mobile data from your plan. Data charges may apply when roaming.
Can I access Visual Voicemail while traveling?
Visual Voicemail can only be accessed through your mobile network's data roaming connection. Data charges will apply if you're using Visual Voicemail while traveling.
How many Visual Voicemail messages can I save?
Visual Voicemail is just a way to access your Voicemail messages. The maximum number of messages that can be saved and stored depend on your Voicemail message limits.