$25 for 25 Gig

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw's Unlimited Data plan normally costs $45, for 25 GB data, but for Fibre+ Gig customers, it's just $25.

Wow. Wish I was a gig internet customer.

5 Replies

-- a Shaw web-page states "limited time offer". Of course...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- a Shaw web-page states "limited time offer". Of course, if you pay more -- to upgrade your Internet from 300 to 1000 -- you may deserve a $20 discount on the Shaw Mobile plan. 

I wonder what the pricing will be if you have "Fibre+ Gig" and you sign-up to purchase a brand-new iPhone (which is offered at a discount). Will you still pay $45/month for data on your current mobile-phone, or $25/month for data-and-iPhone, plus the monthly charges for the iPhone purchase?

0 Kudos

Looks like you can add a phone, so it would be $25 plus w...

rstra
Grand Master

Looks like you can add a phone, so it would be $25 plus whatever the monthly tab is for the phone. 

For me it only makes sense to go for the $45 plan, I just don’t need gig and I would lose the mobile savings by paying more for internet. But, for someone already on the gig plan...

Shaw Fibre+ Gig customer here.  I’m surprised Shaw isn’t...

Spatch
Grasshopper

Shaw Fibre+ Gig customer here.  I’m surprised Shaw isn’t advertising this more aggressively.  I found out completely by chance.  Even my latest Shaw bill was only advertising the $45 plan.  I had my three teenage children on the By The Gig plan (switched from Freedom back in August) and was buying data a la carte here and there.  When I saw this deal I instantly switched them all to the $25 plan.  Then I switched both my wife and I from Rogers.  I understand Shaw Mobile’s drawbacks but the $25 offer is an industry disrupter.  I couldn’t ignore what would be over $1000 in annual savings for my wife and I alone.  I wonder how much bleed this causing the Big 3 in BC and Alberta. 

You can be

LadyDiana214
Grasshopper

You can be 😊

0 Kudos

-- You can be (happy icon). I once saw a dress-rehearsal...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LadyDiana214 -- You can be (happy icon).

I once saw a dress-rehearsal of a high-school musical, where one actor was dressed as Arnold Schwarzenegger, came on stage, and sang "don't worry, be happy".  He had forgotten to do a costume change from being "Arnold" in a previous skit.  It was so funny that the director (a teacher) incorporated his mistake into the show.  🙂

0 Kudos