After join Shaw mobile , some incoming call goes directly to voicemail

ninggy
Grasshopper

It was connected to Shaw when somebody was calling me and the phone was not in use.

10 Replies

-- please use the "reply" button on your original questio...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ninggy -- please use the "reply" button on your original question, rather than opening a new question.

Same this is happen to our family. We just added 3 phones...

rorr
Grasshopper

Same this is happen to our family. We just added 3 phones on the shaw plan. We can't receive incoming calls when on the Shaw network and phone is not in use

0 Kudos

-- we just added 3 phones Did you activate them at a Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rorr -- we just added 3 phones

Did you activate them at a Shaw retail-store, or at some kiosk (such as inside my local Walmart) that tested them, and inserted a new SIM card?

Were they brand-new, never activated, phones, or are you switching them from another wireless company?

Are the phones "locked" to that previous company (Rogers? Bell? Telus?) or are they "unlocked"?

If they are iPhone devices, access "Settings", and then "Reset", and then "Reset Network Settings", and try again to send/receive.

Note that this is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw (Mobility) Support. Please contact them, for more trouble-shooting.

My husbands ZTE phone goes directly to a message that say...

Superior410
Grasshopper

My husbands ZTE phone goes directly to a message that says he is not taking calls. Instead of ringing it vibrates. The phone is set to open when he flips open the phone and to ring loudly on a call. He went into the Shaw office at Uptown for help yesterday and was rudely told that he was not there to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos

Hello Superior410,   Sorry to hear that! Our retail reps...

shaw-don

Hello Superior410,

Sorry to hear that! Our retail reps have no technical training and thus not able to provide any troubleshooting. This should have been communicated in a polite manner, as well as providing your husband the means to get in touch with our Mobile technical support here https://www.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/contact-us to assist with any issues he's having with his phone. 

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  It’s worse in a way that all in...

BCY
Grasshopper

I have the same problem.  It’s worse in a way that all incoming calls are directed to voice mail.  No ring, no vibration, no notification at all.   People thought that I’m rude to screen all incoming calls.  I called tech support who told me my iPhone needs to be reset to revert back to the factory default.  It is a joke.  

0 Kudos

-- I have the same problem. Then, the advice previously p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BCY -- I have the same problem.

Then, the advice previously posted on this thread:

Our retail reps have no technical training, and thus [are] not able to provide any troubleshooting.

[Get] in touch with our Mobile technical support:  https://www.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/contact-us to assist with any issues ....

should be considered.

> It is a joke.

No joke. Try the instructions at: How To: Update phone from displaying the wrong pho... - Shaw Support

especially the part about texting the word "SIM".

0 Kudos

I also experience this. I miss about 95 percent of my cal...

kevin_o
Grasshopper

I also experience this. I miss about 95 percent of

my calls. They all just say missed call but

actually never rings. 

0 Kudos

--  they all just say missed call but actually never ring...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kevin_o --  they all just say missed call but actually never rings. 

Two possibilities:

1. Your ringer-volume is set to ZERO. From a different phone, call your mobile, and watch to see if the mobile's screen lights up?

2. scammer trick: they place one call to your number, to make your phone "busy". Then, immediately, they place a second call to your phone, and hang-up the first call, before it rings again. (Your phone "absorbs" the first "ring", and then collects the Caller-ID information, and then "sounds" the second "ring", if there is one.) The second call goes straight to your voice-mail.  So, you get a voice-mail message, and you did not hear the [non-existent] second "ring" from the first call.

0 Kudos