Jump to solution

After joining Shaw mobile, some incoming call goes directly to voicemail without ringing.

ninggy
Grasshopper

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- at the time of that incoming call, did your mobile pho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ninggy -- at the time of that incoming call, did your mobile phone show that you were connected to "Shaw" or to "Nationwide" ?

At the time of that incoming call, were you using the phone to talk to somebody else?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Jump to solution

-- at the time of that incoming call, did your mobile pho...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ninggy -- at the time of that incoming call, did your mobile phone show that you were connected to "Shaw" or to "Nationwide" ?

At the time of that incoming call, were you using the phone to talk to somebody else?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am unable to find out what the solution to the problem is.

obj
Grasshopper

I am unable to find out what the solution to the problem is.

Jump to solution

do you have an iphone?  There is a setting to send unknow...

jules
Grasshopper

do you have an iphone?  There is a setting to send unknown callers to voicemail:

• Open Settings on your iPhone.
  • Tap Phone.
  • Scroll down to “Silence Unknown Callers.”
  • Toggle the button to off

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and it is getting worse. Abo...

JollyRoger
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem and it is getting worse. About 20% of my calls are now going straight to voice mail. I am at home and connected to Shaw. Most of the calls going to voice mail are in my phone book. I even called my mobile from my home phone with the same result.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That happened to me to,  usually when I am in a dead spot...

rstra
Grand Master

@JollyRoger That happened to me to,  usually when I am in a dead spot in the house.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am connected to Shaw, calling my cell with my home phon...

bergm098
Grasshopper

I am connected to Shaw, calling my cell with my home phone. I have 3 bars... straight to voicemail.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It showed Nationwide, and was in roaming mode, as if I wa...

Mok10
Grasshopper

It showed Nationwide, and was in roaming mode, as if I was calling long distanced. It also jumps from Shaw to Nationwide and back on it's own. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I am connected to Shaw, calling my cell with my home p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bergm098 -- I am connected to Shaw, calling my cell with my home phone. I have 3 bars... straight to voicemail.

How many "rings" before going to voice-mail?

If your mobile was powered-on, and you tried calling it, how many "rings" ?

Your systems are an indication that your cell-phone is not correctly configured to connect to Shaw Mobile.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

Please read all the comments in this thread, and/or contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) for support.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- It also jumps from Shaw to Nationwide and back  Yes, t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Mok10 -- It also jumps from Shaw to Nationwide and back 

Yes, that is one advertised feature with Shaw Mobile. Shaw does not have enough cell-phone towers, and so they have an arrangement for free "roaming" on the other companies' cell-phone towers -- Rogers, Telus/Bell.

Note that "roaming mode" is not "long-distance".  At the BC Ferry dock at Fulford Harbour, there is cell-service, via the Telus tower. Go about 1.5 Km to the head of Fulford Harbour, and you are "out-of-range" of that Telus tower, due to the location of the tower, relative to the hilly landscape.

0 Kudos