APN Settings for iPad

jayace
Grasshopper

Can anyone provide the APN settings for the iPad for both the Shaw and Nationwide networks? 

I'm having a terrible time trying to get data to work on my iPad. I have the $15 tablet plan. I am travelling frequently from Calgary to Saskatoon currently and it shows I'm connected to Nationwide LTE with 2-3 bars depending on where I am but I have next to no connectivity. No apps will load although It appears as though I'm connected. These are my settings I have entered based on info I found online. Removing the LTE APN doesn't help. Data Roaming is on. If I can't get data while travelling this plan doesn't really do me much good and I'll need to switch to another carrier.

Thanks.

Cellular Data

APN: wsp.shaw.ca   

LTE Setup (Optional)

APN: internet.freedommobile.ca  

0 Kudos
9 Replies

-- have you tried: How to Troubleshoot your Shaw Mobile I...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master
0 Kudos

Yes, unfortunately a lot of those settings are not availa...

jayace
Grasshopper

Yes, unfortunately a lot of those settings are not available in the iPad 

0 Kudos

-- that document has a section for the iPhone. Pretend th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jayace -- that document has a section for the iPhone. Pretend that your iPad is an iPhone, and follow those instructions.

0 Kudos

I have, like I said the iPad and iPhone do not have the s...

jayace
Grasshopper

I have, like I said the iPad and iPhone do not have the same options for network settings 

0 Kudos

I gave up and cancelled my plan. Called/ chatted with tec...

jayace
Grasshopper

I gave up and cancelled my plan. Called/ chatted with tech support for the 3rd time and they still had no idea what they were doing. Told me to reset all my network settings and that no APN settings were necessary. Told me to select options that don't exist on the iPad. Eventually told me Nationwide doesn't have LTE support in Saskatoon. Funny, my iPad is showing LTE. Customer support told me the iPad isn't supported. What??? I'm a loyal Shaw customer for business phone, home internet, TV and mobile plans for my kids but they aren't ready for tablet plans and support. 

Yes, Shaw chat agent told me today that Shaw mobile does...

artsim
Grasshopper

Yes, Shaw chat agent told me today that Shaw mobile does NOT support any 4G/LTE data plans for iPads but they have data plans for Android tablets.

Shaw mobile does NOT support:

1. 5G network.

2. iPad data plans.

3. Apple Watch plans.

Sadly, as Roger might end up gobbling Shaw mobile so I am switching to Telus.

0 Kudos

/  -- I find it curious that Shaw's web-page: Shaw Mobile...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jayace / @artsim -- I find it curious that Shaw's web-page: Shaw Mobile Devices

previously listed at least one iPad as being available for purchase, on a 24-month "tab".

Currently, no iPad devices are listed.

0 Kudos

Zoomer Wireless (Rogers network) has a 3GB plan for $10/m...

jayace
Grasshopper

Zoomer Wireless (Rogers network) has a 3GB plan for $10/month. Not advertised. It’s working great. 2 year plan but comes with a tablet that I sold for $100. My wife mother and Inlaws have been with Zoomer for 6+ years and they’ve been great.

0 Kudos

Wouldn’t be hard to list “iPad not currently supported” o...

jayace
Grasshopper

Wouldn’t be hard to list “iPad not currently supported” on their site to prevent all this headache.

0 Kudos