Cell phones

Darcy17
Grasshopper

Does anyone use a One plus 8 cell phone? It's not on their list of compatible phones, but I'm not liking what's offered.

Thank you for your time😊

0 Kudos
7 Replies

-- from a web-site: The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro were...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Darcy17 -- from a web-site:

The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro were launched on April 14, 2020 and released on April 29 in markets from around the world.

The OnePlus 8 (launch price: $699 in the US) is the phone you’ll want if you’re primarily interested in smooth performance on a budget. It lacks some bells and whistles, like a 120Hz display and wireless charging, but it’s one of the most affordable ways to get a Snapdragon 865 processor, 5G, and a high-quality screen.

When I went to the Shaw partner who has a kiosk inside the local WalMart bringing a non-listed-by-Shaw mobile phone, they inserted their "test" SIM into it, to confirm that the phone was compatible with Shaw Mobile. So, if you find an obliging employee, they will do the same, to check your phone.

0 Kudos

I have an old Oneplus 3T and it works with the Shaw netwo...

dktam
Grasshopper

I have an old Oneplus 3T and it works with the Shaw network. While I am interested in both the Oneplus 8 Pro and Oneplus 8T, I do not want to take the chance until they are on Shaw's compatible list. All Oneplus phones only have 1 channel that works with Shaw's network.

0 Kudos

-- I do not want to take the chance until they are on Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dktam -- I do not want to take the chance until they are on Shaw's compatible list.

When I signed-up for Shaw Mobility, the salesperson inserted a "test" SIM into my mobile phone, to verify that my device is compatible. This was done at NO COST TO ME. So, "take a chance" with your device.

0 Kudos

Was the phone tested by the Shaw rep a Oneplus 8 or One p...

dktam
Grasshopper

Was the phone tested by the Shaw rep a Oneplus 8 or One plus 8 Pro?

I currently have a Oneplus 3T that works with the Shaw network. While I like the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro,  I do not want to buy unless I am sure it is compatible.

0 Kudos

-- While I like the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro,  I do not want t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@dktam -- While I like the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro,  I do not want to buy unless I am sure it is compatible.

This is where a "bricks-and-mortar" store is still useful. Buy from them, after getting a "no questions asked - money back" guarantee from them, if it cannot be activated on Shaw Mobile. Get it in writing, to be sure of your desired outcome.

0 Kudos

Problem with Oneplus is that the phones are sold online o...

dktam
Grasshopper

Problem with Oneplus is that the phones are sold online only. While Oneplus has a 15 days no question asked return policy, it is a hassle.

Just wondering if any people are using the Oneplus 8 series phones in the Shaw community?

0 Kudos

I have the OnePlus8 and use shaw mobile. It works fine wi...

dandres23
Grasshopper

I have the OnePlus8 and use shaw mobile. It works fine with some issues depending on coverage. I have some delay in making phone calls within parts of my home. The phone on shaw does not currently allow wifi calling either. Data is fine. 

0 Kudos