Jump to solution

Changing the Main Phone Number on Account

Thorgrim
Grasshopper

I first got a Shaw Mobile account because I needed to get my 13 year old son a phone and the prices were good.  I later decided to move all of my phone lines (4) over to Shaw Mobile, but I am unable to change the main phone number on file to my phone.  It seems ridiculous that I cannot access my account online without have an authorization code texted to me, and that I cannot change the number it goes to.  Therefore, I have to wait until my son is around so I can grab his phone to log into my own account.  The Shaw reps insist that there is no way to change the master number on the account, as it is locked in as the first number activated.  Also, there is apparently no way to log into your account with out a security text, as I have asked for that to be disabled as well.  

This extremely frustrating as one rep I talked to said the main/master number can be changed to any number on the account.

Seem like the only solution is to cancel my account and start a new one. Crazy. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Actually, give this a try.  Try logging into your account...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@Thorgrim 

Actually, give this a try.  Try logging into your account using YOUR phone number and put in the existing PIN number.  After I posted my first post above I got to thinking, wait a minute ... I log into my account using my number even though I initially had three of my sons on the account first.  Works for me.  Give it a go.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

Is your email the one attached to the account?  If it’s n...

Spatch
Grasshopper

Is your email the one attached to the account?  If it’s not it can be changed.  If your son isn’t around, you can ask for the security code to be sent to you by email.  See pic.  Not a solution to your problem but an effective workaround.  This is what I do when I need to log into my grandfather’s account (he lives elsewhere but I help manage his affairs).

39CE108A-9374-4509-A98B-0DA354767843.jpeg

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Actually, give this a try.  Try logging into your account...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@Thorgrim 

Actually, give this a try.  Try logging into your account using YOUR phone number and put in the existing PIN number.  After I posted my first post above I got to thinking, wait a minute ... I log into my account using my number even though I initially had three of my sons on the account first.  Works for me.  Give it a go.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes!  That works.  Thanks for your help.  I can't believe...

Thorgrim
Grasshopper

Yes!  That works.  Thanks for your help.  I can't believe none of the Shaw staff knew to try this.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yes it’s a little odd a simple thing like that wouldn’t b...

Spatch
Grasshopper

@Thorgrim 

Yes it’s a little odd a simple thing like that wouldn’t be common knowledge to Shaw customer service agents.   But I’m glad the issue is resolved for you.  🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

It doesn't give me that option because of the 2 step veri...

NewfieinBC666
Grasshopper

It doesn't give me that option because of the 2 step verification. I get the code from the email first and then it asks for the code from my phone number. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: What can I do? Is it possible for you to "call-for...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@NewfieinBC666 wrote: What can I do?

Is it possible for you to "call-forward" your phone-number to one of the other phones, so that the code can be picked-up on the other phone?

Or, via the My Shaw Portal, can you temporarily disable the two-factor requirement?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote: the only solution is to cancel my account and star...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Thorgrim wrote: the only solution is to cancel my account and start a new one. Crazy. 

When you switched to Rogers Mobility, they guaranteed the same monthly charges, for 5 years (counting forward from April 2, 2023), with no increases.  Before you cancel, check what the monthly charge will be for a new account -- not "grand-fathered".

0 Kudos