Jump to solution

Complete run around with simple set up of SIM card

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

I'm completely confused, and a bit enraged about getting my mobile set up.  At first, a few months ago, the local office told me it could be done, but I would need to go to either Nanaimo or Victoria to get it to happen (I live in Duncan).  I'm in a wheelchair, so it wouldn't be easy.  But, they said it could happen. 
A few days ago, I checked the coverage map and it shows everything is good to go, so I went with the option of ordering SIM cards.  I just got them yesterday.  Assuming nothing has changed and what I would assume Shaw to have a decent business model to make sure that they wouldn't send a product that I couldn't use, I called this morning to set up my new SIM card and have my account transferred over. 
Well, after a few minutes on the phone, the representative told me that there is no coverage whatsoever, and it couldn't be set up.
Really, Shaw?!  I have nothing but positives towards getting a new account set up, then I was told 'too bad"?
Question:  Will I be able to set up my phone or not?  And if not, will it happen sometime soon?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I managed to find a representative to help me with the is...

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

I managed to find a representative to help me with the issue.  I am literally 2 blocks away from the service area. 
It sucks, but I'm just happy that I at least have a definitive answer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jump to solution

According to their coverage map, you should get coverage...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

According to their coverage map, you should get coverage in Duncan. Have you actually tried?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I don’t think there is service in Duncan, according to th...

rstra
Grand Master

I don’t think there is service in Duncan, according to the map they are part of the Nationwide Coverage and just on the edge.

49177523-2556-45A7-BE23-963CE2EFE1DA.jpeg

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That's the issue.  The store in Duncan says I do.  The cu...

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

That's the issue.  The store in Duncan says I do.  The customer service people (online) says I do.  The fact that Shaw sent me two SIM cards say I do.  When I tried to set it up, the person on the phone says it can't be done. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

please read my reply above

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

please read my reply above

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I managed to find a representative to help me with the is...

KirbyF997
Grasshopper

I managed to find a representative to help me with the issue.  I am literally 2 blocks away from the service area. 
It sucks, but I'm just happy that I at least have a definitive answer.

0 Kudos