I don't get all my text messages

mclovin
Grasshopper

Just wondering if anyone has any trouble shooting ideas...

Text messages don't always come through to my phone. Multiple people, on multiple types of devices with different providers send me texts and I don't get them.  I'm on Shaw Mobile, I have a OnePlus 5, OxygenOS 10.0.1 and am using Signal for my text messaging app.

Thanks!

9 Replies

-- ask your colleagues what protocol they are using: 1. p...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mclovin -- ask your colleagues what protocol they are using:

1. pure "text" messages, sent over their cell-phone, in the same way that their telephone-conversations communicate;

2. or, the Apple "iMessage" protocol, which uses their "data" connection over Internet to Apple's iMessage-server, for delivery over Internet to your iMessage-compatible app. Note that if their cell-phone is connected to WiFi (either inside their home, or ShawOpen/ShawGo or "free public WiFi") then the message is sent over Internet, not via "data", to Apple's server.

0 Kudos

-- please check another thread on this discussion forum....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mclovin -- please check another thread on this discussion forum. Helpful?

0 Kudos

Did you ever get this resolved? I have seen a few threads...

JenF
Grasshopper

Did you ever get this resolved? I have seen a few threads about similar problems but mine is also incoming text problem. I dont receive some 2 step verification texts, always from the same sites. I have also not been able to receive incoming texts from an international family member. I have reset my network settings, updated my APN and spoken to shaw support. No resolution yet

-- mine is also incoming text problem If the sender is us...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JenF -- mine is also incoming text problem

If the sender is using iMessage on their device, you need to be using iMessage on your Internet-connected via WiFi) device. The alternative method of sending is using your cell-phone connection to receive their message.  Ask those who send to you for the protocol they are using.

0 Kudos

I have an android so no imessage.  She is on an apple so...

JenF
Grasshopper

I have an android so no imessage.  She is on an apple so probably using imessage but her messages go through to my hubbys android on bells network, just not mine on shaw. The 2 step verification texts are from corporate senders so I would imagine PC not an apple device 

0 Kudos

Sounds like an intercarrier issue, is Shaw looking in to...

rstra
Grand Master

@JenF   Sounds like an intercarrier issue, is Shaw looking in to this for you?

0 Kudos

Rstra yes they are, 3 calls to tech and now a service tic...

JenF
Grasshopper

Rstra yes they are, 3 calls to tech and now a service ticket. So hopefully some solution soon

-- messages go through to my hubbys android on bells netw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JenF -- messages go through to my hubbys android on bells network, just not mine on shaw ...

Same manufacturer and model-number for both phones?

Both phones connected to your home WiFi network (provided by your Shaw cable-modem)?

Both devices have the same settings for "messaging"?

0 Kudos

Having similar problems, not getting MMS messages or SMS....

Mahykal
Grasshopper

Having similar problems, not getting MMS messages or SMS.  

Using Android also and unrelated to brand of phone as it is an issue with android and Apple and regardless of imessage. Shaw mobile network is not what they advertised at all and incredibly unreliable. Hope you get your issue resolved, I'm striking out

0 Kudos