Lost my number during porting :(

exPublicMobile
Grasshopper

I had two numbers in Public Mobile: mine and my wife's. I decided to move them to Shaw.

I ported my number yesterday. Not easy, Shaw re-submitted the request 2 times. But as a result, the number was ported successfully.

And I decided to port my wife's number.

Today Shaw ported wife's number and registered it INSTEAD OF MINE. Now I have my wife's number on my phone (eSim). And she has a temporary Shaw number. And my number is gone.

Shaw says my number on the Quarantine List. And they need 24-48 business hours to get it back.

The question is: if they ruined everything themselves, then why do they give themselves such a comfortable time to correct the mistake?

And the second question: what is the reason for such a period? During the conversation, they informed me that time is needed for additional checks and confirmations. Can someone from within Shaw comment on this?

17 Replies

I spent all day on them figuring out and syncing their em...

exPublicMobile
Grasshopper

I spent all day on them figuring out and syncing their employees' work. It seems that they are completely helpless in the mobile business ...

0 Kudos

--  they need 24-48 business hours to get it back. Blame...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@exPublicMobile --  they need 24-48 business hours to get it back.

Blame the CRTC for establishing the rules for "quarantining" a number that is released.

> The question is: if they ruined everything themselves, then why do they give themselves such a comfortable time to correct the mistake?

Don't blame Shaw for following the CRTC's rules.

And the second question: what is the reason for such a period? During the conversation, they informed me that time is needed for additional checks and confirmations.

You seem to have answered your own question -- to avoid that number from being reassigned ("hijacked" ?) too quickly.

> Can someone from within Shaw comment on this.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support. I doubt that any Shaw employees will see your questions.

What does it have to do with some state crap? I pay money...

exPublicMobile
Grasshopper

What does it have to do with some state regulator? I pay money to Shaw. And I want an ordinary John not to make mistakes and be attentive. And if he made a mistake, then sit down and fix it.

Are you from Shaw? Clearly, a defender was found.

0 Kudos

I returned at least one number after many hours of conver...

exPublicMobile
Grasshopper

I returned at least one number after many hours of conversation with agents ... It turned out that neither 48 nor 24 hours are needed. They did it in an hour, if pressure was applied.

But I lost the second number now. Same thing. Again 48 hours...

0 Kudos

-- What does it have to do with some state regulator? Th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@exPublicMobile -- What does it have to do with some state regulator?

The CRTC creates nation-wide standards, and all the telephone-companies (Shaw, Telus, Bell, Rogers, etc.) comply with those standards.

> I pay money to Shaw.

Me, too.

> And I want an ordinary John not to make mistakes and be attentive.

Me, too.

> sit down and fix it.

It seems that Shaw is trying to fix it.

> Are you from Shaw?

No, I am from Haney (BC).

> Clearly, a defender was found.

Perhaps, your instructions to Shaw were not clear, causing the incorrect actions.

It's too easy to finger-point away from one's own perfection.

I had the same issue. my number was to be ported from Fre...

Sophia-VF
Grasshopper

I had the same issue. my number was to be ported from Freedom Mobile to the Shaw network on June 15, 2021 It never happened, and it is now more than one week. Between half-truths from the customer service department etc, ( I need my old number!). My old provider said the number is canceled. Shaw said it was a system glitch and can be resolved. Received a ticket number after 6 days, FSR00328187.  Yet it is still not resolved and they have ruined my life. Can someone tell me the truth? Also, with the millions invested in IT, Shaw is not able to retrieve a number by a company they own?

Sorry to hear that! Hope you can resolve this situation....

exPublicMobile
Grasshopper

@Sophia-VF 

Sorry to hear that! Hope you can resolve this situation. My advice is to call them non-stop. 9 out of 10 employees will try to get rid of you, but 10 will help. That's what I did, that's the only reason I managed to solve the problem in 3 days.

P.S. Now this @mdk  will come and try to convince you that Shaw is not to blame. He will also accuse you, as well as me (see above). This is victimblaming, or the person is simply affiliated with Shaw.

-- This is victimblaming, or the person is simply affilia...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@exPublicMobile -- This is victimblaming, or the person is simply affiliated with Shaw.

If you on mind-bending drugs, you need to stay away from your keyboard.

I have no affiliation with Shaw, except for being a customer of Shaw Cablesystems GP. I have never been employed by Shaw.

@Sophia-VF -- Can someone tell me the truth?

Not me, because I am not an employee of Shaw, and I have no access to any Shaw account, other than my own account, via the My Shaw Portal.

Not @exPublicMobile whose allegations about me are totally false and defamatory.

You need to make official contact with Shaw: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat  or scroll-down while reading this message, and click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink near the bottom of this web-page.

0 Kudos

cancelled my account with shaw to move to Grande Prairie...

dialabb41
Grasshopper

cancelled my account with shaw to move to Grande Prairie AB, as shaw could not offer service I am not able to delete my old shaw email address, can you help???? tks Alan Abbott   old email dialabb41@shaw.ca

0 Kudos