-- once Shaw completes the cancellation of your account,...

mdk
Grand Master

@dialabb41 -- once Shaw completes the cancellation of your account, your E-mail ID will have been deleted.

From: https://www.findinternet.ca/en/grande-prairie-alberta

there are at least 2 Internet providers in Grand Prairie that offer Internet access via "cable".

0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this. In my Experience, Shaw mobile ha...

Ishan1
Grasshopper

Thanks for posting this. In my Experience, Shaw mobile has the worst customer service ever. 

I called them to get a shaw sim, and one agent told me that they will ship it to me and will get it activated through a call. I got the sim and called them, now they say I need to come to a retail shop to get it activated. I'm pretty sure they have no idea about what they are doing. Each agent tells you a different story. So better not to go with Shaw mobile until they get their own problems solved. 

0 Kudos

-- I need to come to a retail shop to get it activated Li...

mdk
Grand Master

@Ishan1 -- I need to come to a retail shop to get it activated

Like anything else that you rent/lease, there is a contract to be signed, and a credit-check, and validation that you are a Shaw Internet customer (to get the $0/month rate), and submission of your credit-card information.

At this time, Shaw does not offer anything like "DocuSign" for contact-less filing of the paperwork.

For me, there was a kiosk inside the local WalMart, staffed by non-Shaw-non-Walmart employees that were very competent, and painless.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Well I didn't know that, but pro...

Ishan1
Grasshopper

@mdk 

Thanks for the response.

Well I didn't know that, but problem is their customer service staff also didn't know that. They specifically told me that they can activate it through a call or chat , that's why they shipped it to me. And they got my connection stuff confirmed through call using my pin number. After checking everything through call only they sent me the sim.

Even the packaging of the sim card says connect through chat or just give a call to get activated.

0 Kudos

-- Even the packaging of the SIM card says connect throug...

mdk
Grand Master

@Ishan1 -- Even the packaging of the SIM card says connect through chat or just give a call to get activated.

True, if you have previously signed-up for a Shaw Mobile account, and are activating a "bring-your-own" device, or maybe changing from one mobile device to another mobile device, and you find that your current SIM does not physically fit into the new device.

False, if you equate "activation" with "creating an account over chat/telephone".

These are subtle differences in what services are being provided, by what method.

0 Kudos