Highlighted

Nationwide LTE Coverage not useable

Grasshopper

Just came back from a trip that was through the Nationwide LTE coverage area and found even though the phone was connected, there was no meaningful service available. The applications on the phone that require an internet connection would not work. For example, Google Maps and Apple Maps both were completely rendered useless. Usually, when traveling these are typical apps one would use but the service coverage was so poor, they were not useful. 

There was a bit of data that did flow to the phone, such as email, but only the subject and from were provided as the body of the email was missing. 

We had no option but to visit more Starbucks than we wanted to. 

3 Replies
Highlighted

Did you have data roaming on? It just be on to connect to...

Grasshopper

Did you have data roaming on? It just be on to connect to Nationwide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, data roaming was on. The proof was the partially rec...

Grasshopper

Yes, data roaming was on. The proof was the partially received emails. The baud rate was so slow that apps could not function. 

Highlighted

-- Did you have data roaming on? It just be on to connect...

Grand Master

@Techjunkie -- Did you have data roaming on? It just be on to connect to Nationwide.

I disagree. At one location in my city, my iPhone connected to "Nationwide", and it connected just fine (voice/text), even though I have no "data" plan with Shaw Mobile.  Of course, if you want to use Internet-accessing apps, such as a web-browser, you need to enable "data", and also to have a "data" plan with Shaw Mobile.  But, "data" is not necessary when using voice/text while connected to Nationwide.

0 Kudos