Network not Registering Incoming Calls

jackalopebones
Grasshopper

So far, when my father, my oncologist from the BC Cancer Agency, my old landlord, and potential employers call, they get an "all circuits busy" with no option to leave a voicemail. These are from established landline, and I have NEVER had a problem receiving calls from them before.

Now, not a single call will come through. I've missed essential over-the-phone appointments with my doctors already, my Dad can't get ahold of me until I call him, and I've lost employment.

Shaw customer service blames their providers, saying the calls don't even register as incoming on the network - Which is exactly the problem. Why aren't these calls being logged? I can't exactly call up the BC Cancer Agency and say "hey, reconfigure your whole telecommunications network!" but that's what I was told to do.

I also have another line, for my partner, and the same thing for him - we can call each other, and I have received calls from other cells, but no land lines. Sure makes job hunting a nightmare, making us both look very unprofessional and like we're shifty. Not good.

I've also paid my bill, but am told I can't receive compensation for the failure to render the services I paid for until the issue is "resolved" .... which, no one will give me any information beyond "keep checking back in."

I'm paying for this. This is so frustrating and having a really negative impact on our lives.

4 Replies

Same thing is happening to me. Did this ever get resolved...

Saraandjoe
Grasshopper

Same thing is happening to me. Did this ever get resolved? I am considering switching as my kids school can't phone me, missed neurologists phoning, and job offers. It's so frustrating. This did not happen when I was with Rogers.

0 Kudos

-- This did not happen when I was with Rogers. I wonder i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Saraandjoe -- This did not happen when I was with Rogers.

I wonder if it will happen to you in the future, when Rogers completes the takeover of Shaw's infrastructure that it started to do in April 2023. Until now (mid-June 2023) the only changes that are visible are to Shaw Mobile customers who are being "migrated" to Rogers Wireless -- land-lines and Internet and monthly billing are not yet affected.

0 Kudos

-- I have received calls from other cells, but no land li...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jackalopebones -- I have received calls from other cells, but no land lines.

What's the first 6 digits of the telephone-number of the callers? 250-xxx ? 778-xxx ?

What's the first 6 digits of your device? 250-xxx? 236-xxx? 672-xxx? 778-xxx? 604-xxx ?

It is possible that the "routing-tables" used by the caller's telephone-provider do not include all the codes used by your telephone-provider, making it impossible for the the caller's telephone-provider to complete the call through your telephone-provider.

0 Kudos

My problem is that cell phone calls are going to my land...

Christine007
Grasshopper

My problem is that cell phone calls are going to my land line.  Cell phone Rogers, land line Shaw.

0 Kudos