No incoming voice/text in Nationwide Network

cankpark
Grasshopper

Few days ago, I activated the Shaw Mobile at home through online chat.

After porting was completed smoothly, I swapped the sim from Koodo to Shaw Mobile.

Tried to test out calls and messages and found outgoing voice/text is okay but no incoming voice/text.

I checked the APN setup and noticed that there was no SHAWMOBILE MMS, everything under Freedom Mobile.

So I manually setup wsp.shaw.ca and mms.shaw.ca.

But no incoming voice/text issues not fixed.

And another finding was that my home is not in Shaw Mobile coverage but Nationwide Network coverage.

This morning I confirmed everything, incoming/outgoing, work fine in the Shaw Mobile coverage.

Is it normal no incoming services in the Nationwide Network?

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+ and live in White Lock.

10 Replies

Do you have roaming set to on? Data roaming needs to be o...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

Do you have roaming set to on? Data roaming needs to be on for mms, etc to work on Nationwide.

Also, if your main area is not on Shaws home network (meaning you’re on Nationwide most of the time), you may get your service canceled after Period of time. Shaw is paying the other carriers a fee when you’re (or anyone) is using Nationwide.

If Shaws home network is not in your area, I suggest you switch back to Koodo. Koodo is Telus, so you’re getting Telus’ full network.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Of course I set roaming on. Jus...

cankpark
Grasshopper
  • Thank you for your reply.

Of course I set roaming on.

Just my home area is dead hole not covered under Shaw Network. If I walk around less than 100 m away, I can see my phone connected to Shaw.

As a workaround I now use wifi calling at home.

My question was that why no incoming services even in Nationwide Network area.

0 Kudos

--  why no incoming services even in Nationwide Network a...

mdk
Grand Master

@cankpark --  why no incoming services even in Nationwide Network area

What does the caller observe? Straight to voice-mail, or "cannot complete as dialed" ?

P.S. Who still has a phone with a "dial" ???

0 Kudos

Straight to voice-mail.

cankpark
Grasshopper

Straight to voice-mail.

I don't underdstand below:

P.S. Who still has a phone with a "dial" ???

0 Kudos

-- Who still has a phone with a "dial" ? Why do we still...

mdk
Grand Master

@cankpark -- Who still has a phone with a "dial" ?

Why do we still say "telephone-poles" when there are BC Hydro wires, and millions of meters of coaxial-cable?

When you call somebody, do you use a touch-tone keypad, or do you still have a rotary "dial" phone?

Yellow-rotary-phone.jpg

When I call you up, Your line's engaged. I have had enough, So act your age. We have lost the time. That was so hard to find, And I will lose my mind, If you won't see me.

0 Kudos

Just a minute. Isn't Shaw/Freedom supposed to allow you t...

JustMe937
Grasshopper

Just a minute. Isn't Shaw/Freedom supposed to allow you to "roam" onto a partner network even those times when you have poor (local) coverage? Rogers/Fido has this and I believe Telus too. It should switch to their "Ext" network automatically.

0 Kudos

Sigh...mdk is trolling again. Why do the mods allow such...

JustMe937
Grasshopper

Sigh...mdk is trolling again. Why do the mods allow such behavior? 

0 Kudos

-- Ha. ha, ha. Grasshopper: your post is another failed a...

mdk
Grand Master

@JustMe937 -- Ha. ha, ha. Grasshopper: your post is another failed attempt at trolling. Please restrict your comment to those that help the person resolve their issue.

0 Kudos

I will bring to the attention of Shaw' Mr. Big guy Paul M...

JustMe937
Grasshopper

I will bring to the attention of Shaw' Mr. Big guy Paul M. We should not have to tolerate the trolling which includes the bullying by posters like @mdk because this forum lacks a BLOCK feature. The moderators here are doing nothing to stifle his trolling. 

Let's see who will have the last laugh @mdk 

0 Kudos