Ported phone number into wrong line

bluecomet
Grasshopper

Ported a number to one of my Shaw Mobile lines yesterday via phone call to Shaw. Went ok except, of the two lines ending in 8317 and 0187, the incorrect one was replaced. Pretty sure I gave them correct one, but should have confirmed as the two numbers are so similar. Wish there were more confirmations in the process.  🙄

0 Kudos
2 Replies

-- you should have gotten a message from your previous pr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@bluecomet -- you should have gotten a message from your previous provider, asking you to confirm that you wished to transfer that number.  This avoids unauthorized "hijacking" of your number, by getting you to "confirm" any porting.

Since this is only a peer-to-peer discussion forum, you need to contact your previous company, to "transfer-back" the wrongly-ported number, and then contact Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to port your other number.

0 Kudos

Thanks. Porting OUT was correct, I confirmed the text mes...

bluecomet
Grasshopper

Thanks. Porting OUT was correct, I confirmed the text message on the losing carrier (Telus) via SMS. Just the receiving carrier's end (Shaw) that mixed up the line to be ported into. I dont think transfer-back will work since the Shaw number that was lost is irretrievable according to two Shaw agents. Next time I won't do this through phone support but their chat feature to avoid any issues..

0 Kudos