problems with shaw mobile

ehughes
Grasshopper

Hi,

I am on the unlimited talk and text pan. No data. 

I have 2 problems:

1. Group text messages come in as files that I mostly can't download and see. Once I could download them and see them, but I am not sure how I managed that as I have not done that again, This occurs either when at home  (so have wi-fi) or not at home (cell only).

2. Can't send picture messages. This occurs either when at home  (so have wi-fi) or not at home (cell only).

I have tried all the suggestions I found on-line, but have no luck.

Both of the features worked fine pre-shaw so the they should be able to work on this phone

Thanks,

Elizabeth 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Forgot to mention. This is on android. E

ehughes
Grasshopper

Forgot to mention. This is on android.

E

0 Kudos

Hey !  Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please...

shaw-monica

Hey @ehughes

Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please note, this is a peer-to-peer platform and is not closely monitored by our agents like other platforms. 

Do you continue to have trouble with your Shaw Mobile service? If so, I would recommend that you reach out to our Shaw Mobile team at 1-888-472-2222 and select Option 2 for Shaw Mobile or follow this direct link to the Shaw Mobile service chat: https://bit.ly/3fZFpHT.

Or you can dial 611 directly from your Shaw Mobile phone.

They will be the best ones to dive into this with you.

Cheers!

Monica

0 Kudos

-- Can't send picture messages. This occurs either when a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ehughes -- Can't send picture messages. This occurs either when at home  (so have wi-fi) or not at home (cell only).

If you had an iPhone, not an Android, I would ask if you were sending using the Apple iMessage format, or the SMS format. The former sends over cellular Internet, using some of your "data" allocation, to an Apple server, while the latter sends over the "usual" cellular network.

Are you getting data services "By the Gig" ($10/gigabyte), or do you have "full" data services (part of your bundle) ?

0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your help. I have no data on my phone at al...

ehughes
Grasshopper

Hi

Thanks for your help. I have no data on my phone at all.  I just use wi-fi. 

With my previous provider I did not have this issue without having any data, so if this is the cause then it is Shaw specific.

Elizabeth

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for getting in touch. My previous experience w...

ehughes
Grasshopper

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. My previous experience with Shaw support involves lots of waiting on hold, so I though this might be faster. 

I will give the chat support a try.

Elizabeth 

0 Kudos

Just in case someone else comes across this threat and ne...

ehughes
Grasshopper

Just in case someone else comes across this threat and needs some help.

I just talked to Shaw, my phone apparently is not compatible to their network. When I checked, on Shaw's website, before I switched it says it was compatible, but it turns out is only compatible for basic text and calls, and group text and pictures aren't basic.

Anyone know of a good cheap plan I can switch do?

bye,

Elizabeth 

0 Kudos