Problems with texting lately

mosika
Grasshopper

Has anyone else noticed problems using Shaw Mobility lately? I tried calling an old friend who is also on Shaw and got the message "that number is no longer in service" twice before finally getting to her voicemail. The number was dialed directly from my contacts list so it wasn't a typo. I've also had problems with texts failing to go through. In some cases, each time I resend and it fails, the text eventually goes through several times. Seems to have started happening in the last couple of weeks.

5 Replies

-- Has anyone else noticed problems using Shaw Mobility l...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mosika -- Has anyone else noticed problems using Shaw Mobility lately?

First, there are not many Shaw customers that know about this peer-to-peer discussion forum. So, you are asking a very-small "audience".

Second, to answer your question: no, not me, neither texting or voice-calling to my friend's iPhone on the Shaw Mobility network.

Any specific time-of-day?  Shaw does schedule "outages" from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM (Calgary) -- sometimes in a region, sometimes nation-wide.

0 Kudos

Shaw does schedule "outages" from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM (Ca...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Shaw does schedule "outages" from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM (Calgary) -- sometimes in a region, sometimes nation-wide.

This a quite disconcerting, Shaw scheduling 6 hour outages for the mobile service, I would assume Freedom would be down too? Makes me want to consider switching back to my old provider? Internet/TV maintenance outages are in thing, phone service is another.

0 Kudos

-- quite disconcerting Please take a look at one schedule...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- quite disconcerting

Please take a look at one scheduled outage:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/july-22-east-vancouver-internet-wifi-television-a...

which states:

Affected Area: East Vancouver

Affected Services: Internet, Business Internet, Phone, Business Phone, Digital TV, VOD, Gateway, BlueCurve TV, WiFi Access Points

Reference Number: CHG0379720

Date: July 22, 2021

Start: 02:00 PT

End: 06:00 PT

Summary: Some customers may experience an interruption of the affected Shaw services between 2:00 and 6:00 am PT. This interruption is expected to last approximately four (4) hours. Services will be restored automatically when the maintenance is complete.

Labels : Lower Mainland / Maintenance Alert

Note that "phone" and "business phone" are mentioned.

It does say "some" customers, and that the outage is limited to 4 hours.

I wonder if you switch your phone from the "Shaw" cellular network to Shaw's "Nationwide" cellular network, your phone will be usable during that "window" of time ?

Will "911" service still work, during the "window" ?

0 Kudos

I doubt that refers to Shaw mobile because they are on th...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I doubt that refers to Shaw mobile because they are on the Freedom network, which would mean Freedom would be down too. But if that is true, I am switching. 

0 Kudos

Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please note,...

shaw-monica

Terribly sorry that this thread was missed! Please note, this platform is not closely monitored like our other platforms. 

@mosika  - Sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting through to your friend, I would recommend that you or your friend get in touch with our Shaw Mobile team as they would be the best ones to take a look into it if you haven't already reached out to them.

They can be reached via 1-888-472-2222 // select Option 2 for Shaw Mobile or follow this direct link to the Shaw Mobile service chat: https://bit.ly/3fZFpHT.

@rstra and @mdk  - to clarify the maintenance ticket referenced above, CHG0379720 refers to only Shaw Internet, Cable, and Phone line services. Apolgies if that may have caused some confusion!

For any Shaw Mobile concerns, reaching out to the team via the above contact info is the next best step.

0 Kudos