Shaw email using outlook on iphone suddenly stopped receiving and sending messages

MSLauer
Grasshopper

Hi - I haven't changed anything on my Iphone and suddenly I can not sent or receive emails via my Shaw email using the Outlook app. I don't get an error message, the outgoing emails just sit in the outbox. 

I use this Outlook app for my work email and it continues to work fine.

I have deleted and reinstalled my email, updated my Iphone (using IOS 14.7 on Iphone 12), updated my Outlook and nothing is working.

Called Shaw and they say since my webmail is working it's not their problem. Waiting for a call back from Apple, as they recommended deleting and reinstalling the Shaw email.

Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help?!

11 Replies

-- when you are trying to check your Shaw E-mail, is your...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MSLauer -- when you are trying to check your Shaw E-mail, is your iPhone connected to your "home" WiFi network?

If it is not, is it connected to the Shaw Mobile cellular network, or to some other cellular company's network, using "data" over some cellular network?

Is it connected via WiFi to the "ShawOpen" or "ShawGo" access-points ?

I don't know if your delete/reinstall refreshed the network settings, i.e., using "mail.shaw.ca" and IMAP, and a specific TCP/IP port-number.

0 Kudos

Did you (or some family member) change your E-mail passwo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Did you (or some family member) change your E-mail password for your Shaw E-mail ID?

0 Kudos

Hi - I have been connected to my home WIFI and also my wo...

MSLauer
Grasshopper

Hi - I have been connected to my home WIFI and also my work WIFI. I used to be able to send emails from anywhere (even without WIFI). I checked all my settings and they match what SHAW says they should be. Again this worked up until Monday evening and then suddenly stopped...

0 Kudos

No, I am the only one who does this (kids are grown and g...

MSLauer
Grasshopper

No, I am the only one who does this (kids are grown and gone and my husband doesn't ever fiddle with our home emails).

0 Kudos

-- can you logon to Shaw WebMail, just to prove that the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MSLauer -- can you logon to Shaw WebMail, just to prove that the password for your E-mail is correct?

Have you contacted Shaw (1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to get them to trouble-shoot?

0 Kudos

Yes I can login to webmail.  Have contacted Shaw but they...

MSLauer
Grasshopper

Yes I can login to webmail.  Have contacted Shaw but they say  it’s nothing to do with them. 

0 Kudos

I just use iOS Mail, but here are some screenshots of my...

rstra
Grand Master

@MSLauer I just use iOS Mail, but here are some screenshots of my settings, if that helps.

Incoming settings.

C11824CF-A5A9-47A6-B655-4DB5E1B89506.jpeg

41F59FF8-ECF5-47E6-8A06-34C58960B0BA.jpeg

Outgoing settings.

D513D109-577E-4A7E-BF06-3FEF28BA2A89.jpeg

0 Kudos

Sorry about the ridiculously large images. 🥴

rstra
Grand Master

Sorry about the ridiculously large images. 🥴

0 Kudos

-- have contacted Shaw, but they say it's nothing to do w...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MSLauer -- have contacted Shaw, but they say it's nothing to do with them

Hmm. Shaw email using Outlook on iPhone -- and they deny ? Ouch!

Did they forget to check their own knowledge-base articles, e.g., How to setup Shaw email on an Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 11) ??  Double-ouch!

If you use that article, and still have problems, contact Shaw again, and ask them to help you understand that web-page.

Maybe, one of this forum's moderators: @shaw-ada 

will see this discussion thread, and jump in to help you.

Maybe.

0 Kudos