Shaw Home app

HogDog33
Grasshopper

Few times customer service has said to me open the app. And you can see your bill and everything pay it all right there. Okay. You wait here while I do that.2,3,4,5 minutes go by. Customer service asks if I'm still there. "Yes I am".  

"Ok good, So what can I help you with with?" 

"Opening the app" I say

"just click on it sir. And it will load for you."

" So now you think I'm that  stupid. That I don't know how to open an app"  "Really?.. you think I sat here for 5 minutes while it says loading your information. Just for the hell of it".  Then continuing to talk to me like I'm in grade two." Did you try turning your phone off and on, resetting the modem, did you do this did you do that". Because heaven forbid it has something to do with your guys' system. No no it's always the customer's fault isn't it. It's always the customers device. Heaven forbid somebody didn't program the app right. What a joke. And with the money we pay. To keep lining the deep pockets, of the chairman. Once I can I'll never go back to shaw again. 0 respect for their customers. Very few agents have good customer service skills. Even through a chat I was treated with disrespect. Talked down to. And I am more than willing to bet. I'm not the only one. Heaven forbid they offered any compensation, for wasted time. After being treated with disrespect and being degraded. Some of the worst I've ever experienced 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Heaven forbid, what problem are you having with the app?

rstra
Grand Master

Heaven forbid, what problem are you having with the app?

0 Kudos

The My Shaw app leaves lots to be desired. It may work fr...

Gooftroop
Grasshopper

The My Shaw app leaves lots to be desired. It may work from a laptop or desktop computer but from the newer iPhones it is almost impossible to navigate properly. Most of us have a device, a mobile phone. We use it to do everything. This My Shaw App, when I go in my account to setup 2-step verification it gives me two choices SMS Text Messaging and Email. Above the choices it says for best access to use both choices. It looks like further down there might be where you could access the choices, but you cannot scroll down on the page. Rogers is merged with Shaw. Well today across all of Canada Rogers customers have “No Service” it requires cellular data to receive an SMS Text Messaging verification code. So today with Rogers down, no calls in or out, no data access, thus no SMS Text Messaging verification codes. I spent well over 5-1/2 hours on wifi with Shaw Technical Support Agents explaining my dilemmas, they tell me that I have to sign in to My Shaw and do it myself, I explain that it cannot be done from my mobile phone. They started wondering who I was, over and over asking me for my identification emails, telling me they are clueless as to how to help make My Shaw account setup for both SMS Messaging and Email for 2 step verification. Today the SMS Text Messaging didn’t work because Rogers was down, so email would have been great. Then to set it up for both they claimed doesn’t work. They  asked their entire technical support team, nobody their had any clue about adding a 3rd layer of security protection anytime a user would be more than 300 miles from home. They never heard of Authenticator Apps that give a 6 digit verification code for each account, and every minute the code changes, and it is unique to your personal device. Google has it, Microsoft has it Smart Lock has it, Starling 2FA has, and many more. Hackers from out of country love hacking into email accounts as part of identity theft. Thus when your mobile device is more than 300 miles away from home or out of country and travelling in like Europe. You cannot access emails, email securities lock you out until you return home again. Unless you can have accounts setup as 3 layers of Authentification. Layer 1 is Username & Password; layer two is 2-step verification codes sent to your text or email that you have to manually obtain and enter, hard for robots to do, but it is possible. Also lots of picture squares can be used to verify your not a robot. Then the third layer of Authentification is when you are more than 300 miles from home or out of country, like when you travel. This specific to your in hand device Authentification App and setup ahead of time to verify it is you setting it up for several different accounts, gives each minute a new 6 digit code to get from the Authentification App and switch screens to where the access code is required and enter it. This helps huge when travelling and locked out of things like accessing your flight schedule or login for boarding passes to print out and you are on another persons computer. The mobile Authentification app verified it’s you accessing your accounts from an unfamiliar device. Well Shaw Technical Support never heard about any such thing. What a frustrating app My Shaw is for mobile phones, even worse when Shaw Tech Support makes your entire day a hellish experience. How does one get good customer service now a days. I’m a senior and am far more tech savvy than company tech support, who don’t even know that what I’m asking for email and text verification setup for each time required is suggested on the top of the page that one is supposed be able to do yourself but cannot because the page wasn’t meant for a mobile phone to scroll down to reach. Techs didn’t get that. I asked if they are helping me on a computer or mobile phone. None of them ever tried to gain access on a mobile phone to see that the app isn’t user friendly and several pages do not allow scroll down nor a sideways flip of the page. And they think I’m as old as a dinosaur! Wow! The expression of amazement after a day of utter frustration and help is a hindrance. Someone needs to improve this My Shaw app, and upgrade tech support. And as a last thought, how many humans on planet earth love dealing with a Virtual Technical Support Agent who doesn’t understand the meaning of “I want to talk to a real human being agent!” The robot continues on with it’s programmed responses…

0 Kudos

--  I want to talk to a real human being agent! Speak the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gooftroop --  I want to talk to a real human being agent!

Speak the word "agent". That works for me.

My iPhone & I recently "roamed" into NOR/SWE/DEN, and worked fine, connecting to various cell-phone providers. I did not encounter any "you are too far away from home" messages. Even GMail allowed me to connect. Also, I had no problem using my credit-card to "tap" for absolutely everything in Sweden -- I never used any physical currency. 

> Today the SMS Text Messaging didn’t work because Rogers was down

Worked fine for me, sending from Shaw Mobile to Telus Mobility.

Rogers is merged with Shaw.

Not yet, and maybe never, if the Federal Government regulators say "too much concentration & not enough competition".

P.S. While reading this reply, scroll-down to see "Your Voice". Click it, and send your concerns to Shaw.