Shaw Mobile Coverage

Phealey
Grasshopper

Is Shaw mobile available in Lindell Beach near Chilliwack BC?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

-- can you find that location on the Shaw Mobile network...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Phealey -- can you find that location on the Shaw Mobile network coverage map ?

0 Kudos

Even if it shows coverage on the coverage map you still m...

Player1
Grasshopper

Even if it shows coverage on the coverage map you still may not get coverage. The map currently shows Nationwide coverage in Saskatchewan but there is ZERO COVERAGE. And don’t bother with the help via messages because it tells you it will connect you to an agent, but it won’t. If you try to send a text while you are “waiting for an agent” it forgets the topic of conversation and you have to start over from the beginning. 

0 Kudos

I contacted Shaw about mobile coverage in Chilliwack and...

Phealey
Grasshopper

I contacted Shaw about mobile coverage in Chilliwack and was told that despite the coverage map indicating nationwide coverage, Shaw does not provide coverage in the Chilliwack area. They told me to call Rogers

0 Kudos

I remember an announcement from Freedom back in 2017 that...

rstra
Grand Master

@Phealey  I remember an announcement from Freedom back in 2017 that they were expanding to Chilliwack, even before the southern interior and Victoria. Not sure what has happened to those plans.

0 Kudos

-- if you tell Shaw a street-address in Lindell Beach, my...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Phealey -- if you tell Shaw a street-address in Lindell Beach, my guess is that Shaw will say "no coverage". But, if you specify a mailbox in Abbotsford, my guess is that Shaw will say "yes".  Maybe, if you ask for a telephone-number "homed" in Abbotsord, you may get a "yes".

Two snips from that Shaw web-site:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

show that "roaming" in Lindell Beach is possible.

From Rogers Coverage Map:

Capture3.JPG

So, if Shaw's "Nationwide" network includes connection to Rogers as a partner, signup with Shaw, with an Abbotsford "home" telephone-number.

0 Kudos

I am heading to Regina, so there is no coverage? lol

hockeysniper
Grasshopper

I am heading to Regina, so there is no coverage? lol

0 Kudos

Nationwide coverage will take care of that.

rstra
Grand Master

@hockeysniper 

Nationwide coverage will take care of that.