I was with Virgin which uses the Bell network. The call s...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

I was with Virgin which uses the Bell network. The call sound quality (same phone) was MUCH better and connectivity was never an issue. I have had many drooped calls or calls not going through since I switched to Shaw mobile less than a week ago! I've had to go downtown to find a service outlet that deals with Shaw mobile and they keep swapping out SIM cards. The only way it works at all is on very low-res settings using roaming data although I am in Vancouver. I have spent days of my life trying to fix this and am ready to give up. Also I think they are billing me twice.

0 Kudos

--  I think they are billing me twice Have you logged-on...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@susanwatson --  I think they are billing me twice

Have you logged-on to the My Shaw Mobile web-site, to view your billing details?

0 Kudos

In my bill I see these lines: --> 1GB Shaw Nationwide Apr...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

In my bill I see these lines:

--> 1GB Shaw Nationwide Apr 21 $10.00
--> Rollover Data Pass
--> Pay-Per-Use Charges (Apr 20 to Apr 24) $0.20

Why is there a Pay-Per-Use Charge?

Actually, don't bother answering. Unless support gets my phone working today I'm going back to Virgin and the whole billing thing will be moot.

0 Kudos

-- Why is there a Pay-Per-Use Charge? >  Pay-Per-Use Char...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@susanwatson -- Why is there a Pay-Per-Use Charge?

Pay-Per-Use Charges (Apr 20 to Apr 24) $0.20

Check your call-history. Did you call/text a number outside of Canada, e.g., to the USA?

If you logon to the "My Shaw Mobile" portal, can you see any details about your non-zero-billed call(s) ?

Did you get a "spam" phone-call, and accidentally click to call-back to that non-Canadian number?

0 Kudos

-- The only way it works at all is on very low-res settin...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@susanwatson -- The only way it works at all is on very low-res settings using roaming data although I am in Vancouver

Within Vancouver, did you set your phone to roam onto the "Nationwide" network, rather than connecting to the "Shaw" network?

Or, did your phone connect to the "ShawOpen" (or "ShawGo") WiFi networks, at any of those hotspots in Vancouver, to get "data" over Wifi?

0 Kudos

No. None of the calls are out of country. I was able to m...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

No. None of the calls are out of country.

I was able to make a few calls before this latest SIM was put in by Shaw personnel downtown Vancouver. Those earlier calls were mainly test calls I made back and forth between my landline and my cellphone. The only other numbers inbound were my daughter and my sister, both in Calgary. When I pick up my phone messages by pressing 1 it dials a local number in Toronto, 1-647-700-1777.

I think that after the SIM card was replaced each time then I texted SIM to 40001 and setup to 41111, one of those actions has hard-coded my home service location to be Toronto, not Vancouver. The 'R' always appears above my bars no matter what settings are.

0 Kudos

Since Sunday (It is now Tuesday) I have been unable to ma...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

Since Sunday (It is now Tuesday) I have been unable to make or receive calls and only intermittently text. I am connected to my own wifi. It does not use the wifi. I am at home. I asked for escalation on Sunday but still have not heard back. Early yesterday I opened another ticket for this, FSR0032021, at hi severity and still have not been contacted. They have my email address and landline number. It has been 3 days since I have been able to use my phone.

0 Kudos

and I have never been able to use it reliably since leavi...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

and I have never been able to use it reliably since leaving Virgin where I had high quality sound and reliable connection for over 2 years... Never a single problem. I deeply regret being seduced by price.

0 Kudos

I just texted  SIM to 40001 and restarted AGAIN. the 'R'...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

I just texted  SIM to 40001 and restarted AGAIN. the 'R' is gone but it is using Nationwide. I can text reliably. Although both initiation actions fail to place me in Vancouver, it seems like the deepest functional damage comes from texting setup to 41111. I will avoid that step.

0 Kudos

It is set to auto connect. I have not selected a specific...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

It is set to auto connect. I have not selected a specific network. It switches randomly between: { Nationwide | Shaw | Not available }. It has just flipped from Nationwide to Shaw. It will flip back in a few minutes.

0 Kudos