It has been 12 days since I switched to Shaw mobile. I st...

susanwatson
Grasshopper

It has been 12 days since I switched to Shaw mobile. I still cannot send or receive calls. Before I switched I verified my phone was compatible: 

Even with roaming enabled I cannot call; It fails with 'not registered on network'

It has been a week since the support ticket was opened. No one has picked it up yet. 

0 Kudos

-- I cannot call From a Shaw web-site: How to troubleshoo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@susanwatson -- I cannot call

From a Shaw web-site: How to troubleshoort your Shaw Mobile Internet Conection  ...

Updating your Carrier Bundle for iPhone

You should automatically receive the latest Shaw Mobile Carrier Bundle update once you insert your Shaw Mobile SIM into your iPhone or activate your Shaw Mobile eSIM. For more information check out How To: Update your iPhone Carrier Bundle.

If you are having issues accessing data on an iPhone you brought with you to Shaw Mobile, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Tap on General
  3. Tap on Profile
  4. Remove the previous profile by tapping on it and then tapping Remove Profile
  5. Data should be working now.

Note: For new Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) customers, ensure the Shaw Mobile Carrier Bundle is installed before or after this process. If no configuration profile is installed, you will not be able to see the Profile option within the Settings screen.

Does this help?

0 Kudos

Please be honest. Haft of the truth is lie.

Yogurt
Grasshopper

Please be honest. Haft of the truth is lie.

0 Kudos

-- Haft [sic] of the truth is lie HAFT: the handle of a k...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Yogurt -- Haft [sic] of the truth is lie

HAFT: the handle of a knife, ax, or spear.

Which half?  To which comment, above, are you referring?

0 Kudos

Depends where you live and I am near Pacific Spirit Park...

NearUBC
Grasshopper

Depends where you live and I am near Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver.  Before I switched, I checked their coverage map and it showed my house and surrounding area should have been as good as being in downtown Vancouver but it isn't.  Usually, our home Shaw WIFI assists us with our phones but the other day, during a power outage, it showed how bad the coverage is as we had no data, phone or text, nada!  It was like being back in the 80's.  Friends on Shaw who live (and stay) downtown have no such issues.  Again depends where you live and where you travel to.  

0 Kudos

-- the other day, during a power outage, it showed how ba...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@NearUBC -- the other day, during a power outage, it showed how bad the coverage is as we had no data, phone or text, nada!  

Did the power-outage affect the Shaw cellular-tower closest to your mobile phone? I wonder if there was "battery-backup" -- which would only work for under 30 minutes, or a backup diesel-fuel generator that failed to start?

Were you able to switch your mobile from connecting to the "Shaw" cellular network to the "Nationwide" cellular network (using Rogers/Bell/Telus cell-phone towers) ? Or, were those towers also out-of-commission ?

0 Kudos

I've noticed the same thing with there shaw internet supp...

Jk888
Grasshopper

I've noticed the same thing with there shaw internet support. When they want to sell you things they sure answer the phone alot quicker but quite the opposite waiting time for services.

0 Kudos

-- [shaw internet support] ...when they want to sell you...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jk888 -- [shaw internet support] ...when they want to sell you things they sure answer the phone alot quicker but quite the opposite waiting time for services.

I agree. What you write makes perfect sense, under the circumstances.

Per day, how many people contact Shaw, to sign-up for services?  Not many, except when out-of-town post-secondary students arrive just before the start of a semester (September, January, July). A guess: 100.  How many Call Centres does Shaw have? A guess: more than 10. So, an average of  less than 10 calls per Call Centre per day. Opening an account is straight-forward: ask questions, get answers, sign here, here, and here, and the session is completed.

How many Shaw customers are there? Guess: over 1 million. On any day, If just one-in-a-thousand customers contacts Shaw, that is one thousand calls per day. Does Shaw have enough Agents to handle that volume, without some "wait-time" ? Maybe not.

Also, technical support calls that require "trouble-shooting" can go on for a long time (problem up the telephone-pole, problem from the pole into the house, problem with the cable-modem, problem with CPE [Customer Provided Equipment] such as third-party routers and customer's computers, rebooting devices, and so on.)

So, I can argue that the average length of time talking/chatting to a technical support Agent will be greater than signing-up a new customer.

0 Kudos

True, Their customer service is so Poor ....

Ishan1
Grasshopper

True, Their customer service is so Poor .... 

0 Kudos

We have been with Shaw Mobile for nearly 8 months. At fir...

dkthomas
Grasshopper

We have been with Shaw Mobile for nearly 8 months. At first things seemed great. Now our phones just plain suck. We live right in a high coverage area and have no coverage. Dropped calls, no one can hear us or sound quality atrocious. When leave coverage area - phones will not switch to Nationwide until nearly 30 minutes outside zone. Then in Nationwide areas we have more No service than service. Thought maybe phone but this is happening on two different phones. Have tried nearly everything from airplane mode and soft resets to resetting cellular settings, pulling SIM cards and all updates imaginable. 

Have heard others have had no issues but for us our phones are our biggest frustration.