Sorry for the delay in answering, just found the thread....

jim1147com
Grasshopper

Sorry for the delay in answering, just found the thread. LG Velvet, LM-G900UM

0 Kudos

i signed up with Shaw Mobility last August because of the...

Lambo11
Grasshopper

i signed up with Shaw Mobility last August because of the price savings ....i don't know if that was a smart thing to do. as i realize the coverage is horrible, i cannot even make a phone call from my office. even their roaming partner Nationwide is horrible, the coverage and network maybe sufficient outside, but indoors is very bad. i had no problems whatsoever with Rogers.

0 Kudos

-- even their roaming partner Nationwide is horrible Hmm....

mdk
Grand Master

@Lambo11 -- even their roaming partner Nationwide is horrible

Hmm. That "Nationwide" network must be using the cell-towers owned by Telus or Bell or Rogers. Those towers should provide good connectivity.

What mobile-phone are you using?

0 Kudos

I'm using a Moto G8 power, and i had no problems with rog...

Lambo11
Grasshopper

I'm using a Moto G8 power, and i had no problems with rogers, in the office, the data and phone signal would be intermittent, i would lose 50% of calls and most times unable to dial out.

0 Kudos

-- no problems with rogers, in the office, the data and p...

mdk
Grand Master

@Lambo11 -- no problems with rogers, in the office, the data and phone signal would be intermittent, i would lose 50% of calls and most times unable to dial out.

I do not understand. Are you saying that when you were using Rogers Wireless, you had problems?

What sort of construction is there in that "office" location? Steel? Thick concrete walls? A main-floor office surrounded by high-rise office/residential towers? A "home-office" ?

0 Kudos

I’m thinking of going back to my previous provider. Shaw...

rongibs
Grasshopper

I’m thinking of going back to my previous provider. Shaw has an excellent price but what I need from a mobile device is security and dependability. With Shaw there is very limited signals, particularly on the local highway. We live in Courtenay B.C and we loose the signal quite often. I would hate to have an emergency on the highway! With Shaw the is absolutely no one who you would be able to contact. 

0 Kudos

sorry i missed a line .....what i was meaning to say was...

Lambo11
Grasshopper

sorry i missed a line .....what i was meaning to say was that i had no problems with Rogers.

But with Shaw mobility, the signal is very poor, I would miss half my calls, cannot call out and the internet would not load on my apps (eg weather channel), if i step outside the building reception is fine.  My office is adjacent to the Edmonds sky train station, the building is concrete and steel, lots of glass windows.  There are apartment towers nearby.

0 Kudos

I never got good coverage in Costco whether with Rogers o...

bdickson
Grasshopper

I never got good coverage in Costco whether with Rogers or Shaw, but as soon as I leave the building, my connection is fine. I think that says that the building materials are responsible for the poor connection, not the network.

0 Kudos

spotty service at best. sorry, Shaw.

John9
Grasshopper

spotty service at best. sorry, Shaw.

0 Kudos