I moved fron Fido to Shaw mobile with 4 lines, mine, my w...

dindoisidro
Grasshopper

I moved fron Fido to Shaw mobile with 4 lines, mine, my wife & 2 kids. Selling point is the price but you sacrifice coverage and signal strength. You cannot have signal inside many buildings in Vancouver. Almost moved back to Fido. I guess they will improve eventually. But they should hurry up.

0 Kudos

Came for the iPhone and discount with my wifi. Left with...

atba
Grasshopper

Came for the iPhone and discount with my wifi. Left with horrible connectivity in the city I live in. Coquitlam. I go outside my house have no signal or am on nationwide. Even though I’m in their 5G “coverage” I’ve only ever seen 5G at metro town. 

im leaving Shaw asap due to it’s horrible coverage. I’ll be driving and it drops signal all around. I’ve only ever seen 4g or 3G in areas. LTE is also slow. 

very disappointed with the coverage and service. And the company. I used to love Shaw but now I feel different.

0 Kudos

You cancelling Shaw services at home too or just mobile.

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@atba 

You cancelling Shaw services at home too or just mobile.  

0 Kudos

Now I'm wondering if they received all the approvals they...

Ka0tik
Grasshopper

Now I'm wondering if they received all the approvals they needed in order to finalize the purchase. Have you heard anything? I actually hope it doesn't go through.

0 Kudos

Might end up being both. Try Pugh I do know it is a separ...

atba
Grasshopper

Might end up being both. Try Pugh I do know it is a separate department but my internet seems to be a little lacking of recent. But might just be the city itself? I’m not to sure on that part right now. 

0 Kudos

-- I’ll be driving and it drops signal all around Have...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@atba --  I’ll be driving and it drops signal all around

Have you configured your device to connect to Shaw's "nationwide" network, instead of the "shaw" network? Does that help your reception?  There is no extra cost to use "nationwide".

0 Kudos

My phone automatically picks ether network depending on t...

atba
Grasshopper

My phone automatically picks ether network depending on the availability or the networks. 9/10 it’s on nationwide while I’m in the city and will drop out when driving around. Coquitlam I seem to get maybe 1-2 bars of signal. This network coverage was clearly made for people who live in Vancouver. 

0 Kudos

Horrible provider. I've been with them for less than 4 mo...

Unhappy4
Grasshopper

Horrible provider. I've been with them for less than 4 months and I'm going elsewhere.  Brutal carrier, horrible service, bad coverage... 

0 Kudos

Having the same issues. Travel from Langley to Richmond t...

Langley777
Grasshopper

Having the same issues. Travel from Langley to Richmond there were 2 "drop spots" along Hwy 17 in 2021. Now I lose connection in Richmond, Hwy 91, Hwy 17. Constant disconnecting from service to roaming. Texts constantly fail. Samsung A51 phone. No one at Shaw can give a reason or correction. 

0 Kudos