Highlighted

Shaw Mobile Unreachable When Roaming

Grasshopper

I had Shaw for 2 months with a $45/m plan which includes 25gb LTE and Unlimited Texting and Calling. However, the phone keeps switching to Roaming and no texting or calling can be done during this mode which really disturbs my work. Does this happen to everyone and how to resolve this? I came to Shaw to change Sim but the problem stays the same. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

-- does your phone show, on its top-line, that you are co...

Grand Master

@anhkim12 -- does your phone show, on its top-line, that you are connected to "Shaw" or to "Nationwide"? That "Nationwide" network is supplied by Shaw's contracts with Bell/Telus/Rogers to provide "roaming" service outside of Shaw's cell-phone towers.

Try texting "SIM" (in capital letters) to 40001. In response, your mobile-phone will "refresh" its network settings, and tell you to restart your device.

Highlighted

Which device are you using? Also. Try what mdk stated.

Grasshopper

Which device are you using? Also. Try what mdk stated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

-- Also, if your device is an iPhone, click Settings, cli...

Grand Master

@anhkim12 -- Also, if your device is an iPhone, click Settings, click General, scroll to the bottom, click Reset, click Reset Network Settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I find that for any customer owned devices brought over t...

Grasshopper

I find that for any customer owned devices brought over to the Shaw Mobile network (I have tried 3) you must enter the APN manually, not sure why, but my devices are also 1-3 years old.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When I brought my iPhone from Telus into Shaw Mobile, I n...

Grand Master

When I brought my iPhone from Telus into Shaw Mobile, I needed to do the "reset" and then that 40001 text message, that was all I needed to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What phone are you using? was your phone compatible with...

Grasshopper

What phone are you using? was your phone compatible with Shaw (freedom mobile) network?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I never use Freedom/Shaw b...

Grasshopper

I have Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I never use Freedom/Shaw before. I was with Kodoo for few years. However, I managed to talk to the technician, turn out that whenever my phone switch to roaming mode. I have to go to settings and manually change the network to Shaw. Then it back to normal. I guess Shaw signal was not as strong as other networks nearby so it gets roaming to get a better signals from other providers.

0 Kudos