Shaw mobile

HogDog33
Grasshopper

Absolute garbage. Worst customer service experience I've ever had. Cell coverage was next to nothing. I was lied to about you coverage areas. Told I get 25 gigs of high speed slows down after that. Nobody said you only get two gigs of Nationwide. Times I would go an hour without being able to use my phone. In spots I could the day before. Customer service is atrocious. Very rude. Almost yelling at times. Within a day or two past the bill due date. Calling up to 5 times a day. At least 3 a day. Every day.  And it was my fault because their system can't handle a phone that's passed 2017. Even though mine is not. It is a 2020 Android. Works on any other provider except Shaw. Right in the middle of Nanaimo. My Android would not work. Nor would my son's iPhone 8 plus. Not Shaw's fault though. It was our phones. So yeah absolute garbage. Totally disgusted with the way I was treated

4 Replies

Sorry to hear about your experience with the wireless rec...

shaw-daniel

Sorry to hear about your experience with the wireless reception. . You are sharing valuable feedback. Please submit this feedback via “Your Voice” here. We can share it with the appropriate stakeholders, and your feedback about Shaw mobile wireless network will be tracked and reported on.

0 Kudos

Their coverage map in Nanaimo is ridiculously fake. My pa...

jackalopebones
Grasshopper

Their coverage map in Nanaimo is ridiculously fake. My partner is supposed to use his phone for work - he gets to his jobsite, which is on top of a hill, out in the open, close to Departure Bay, and nope. No reception, no network, nothing. It's really bad here.

0 Kudos

Just adding that on their coverage map, it's supposed to...

jackalopebones
Grasshopper

Just adding that on their coverage map, it's supposed to be "Strong" in that area

0 Kudos

I was told to email my concerns to the back office only t...

KR52
Grasshopper

I was told to email my concerns to the back office only to receive a reply they were not in an applicable category..  I have been blatantly lied to by Shaw support personnel.  It appears to be company policy.

We have had 6 months of intermittent performance of a mobile device. Recently Technical Support felt the problem was the SIM card and sent us to the store for a replacement.  The store replaced the card, but the phone still would not work.  We moved the SIM card to an old phone of ours and it worked fine.  The store representative felt it was a back office issue with the phone.

We called into the mobile support centre and proceeded to get the ‘run around’ by the individual.  I asked to speak to their supervisor and after being on hold for 5 minutes they returned to talk about policy.  I asked if the supervisor was on the line and was assured they were.  I asked to speak to them only to get more ‘run around’ re policies.  When I refused to talk to them anymore and stated I would only talk with their supervisor then I was put on hold again so they could transfer the call. This took another few minutes.  In other words the service representative lied and the supervisor had not been connected to the call.

I got to talk to Hayden who refused to provide me with a last name.  He stated his title was Real Time Support and Back Office.  There is no mention of supervisor or equivalent designation in their title.  He declined to provide the requested resolution to the problem.  I asked to talk to their supervisor and was told they do not have a phone.  When pressed for who he reported to, he stated her name was Elaine (no last name) and he could not transfer a call to her.  Furthermore she does not talk to clients nor return their calls.  The is the first time I have ever heard of a person responsible for customer service having a policy with their staff of NOT talking to customers.

After extensive discussion Hayden agreed to send an email to the District Manager to have the local store provide a back up phone and send the existing for repair. He emphasized he could not guarantee that the store would do so only that he would write the email.  I asked to be copied on the email and was told that was not possible as he had no ability to email anyone outside of Shaw.  I questioned the statement and told him I found that very difficult to believe.  After some more discussion Hayden agreed to send an email to the Mobile Executive Office in Ontario.  He was unable to provide a name for who we was sending the email to.  I asked him to send an email to his supervisor Elaine to have her contact me. While he stated that he did not believe she would contact me he would send her the request.  I asked him to include my statement that if she has any integrity she would contact me and if she did not then it would show her lack of integrity.

Would you please confirm the emails were sent by providing me with copies.

We would like Shaw to take responsibility for selling us a defective phone and make it right by either replacing the phone or taking it back and providing a pro-rated credit for the remainder of the contract.  We could then have a phone that actually works.

We have been Shaw clients for over 30 years with TV and internet, then later our land line and most recently adding in your mobile services.  It is only the lack of mobile service and ability for individuals to take ownership of a problem and FIX IT, that has made me question that decision.   Why Shaw would have policies that would put the customer relationship at risk is beyond me.

I guessed at Brad Shaw’s email and if I am incorrect please forward a copy of this email to him.

0 Kudos