Speed

Pleasehelp
Grasshopper

Internet speed - where can I find what I have?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

You’re posting in the mobile forum so I’m a bit unclear a...

Spatch
Grasshopper

You’re posting in the mobile forum so I’m a bit unclear about the context of your question.  If you’re interested in determining your internet speed you can check here https://speedtest.shaw.ca

0 Kudos

-- your monthly Shaw invoice shows to which package you a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pleasehelp -- your monthly Shaw invoice shows to which package you are subscribed. A desktop/notebook computer with a "CAT 5e" Ethernet cable connected to the router can use the web-site that @Spatch cited to determine the actual speed. A notebook or smart-phone connected to the WiFi network supplied by your cable-modem may get a lower speed -- it depends on the limitations of the WiFi network-adapter inside your notebook/phone. For example, a "Wireless G" adapter will max-out around 56 Mbits/second.

If your smart-phone has "cellular data", and is not connected via WiFi, you can use the same web-site to measure the speed of your WiFi connection. However, you might be charged quite a lot for using that much data. For example, if the speed-test shows 100 Mbit/second, that will consume 6 Gigabit of "data" in just 60 seconds. That is 1/32 of the monthly 25 Gigabytes that Shaw Phone provides on their largest plan.

0 Kudos