My number is like half ported.  My normal number works fo...

gstanderwick
Grasshopper

My number is like half ported.  My normal number works for me but it often is showing up as the temporary number for some people.  Quite frustrating that Shaw doesn't know what the problem is when I call them.  Sounds like it happens often enough.  

0 Kudos

-- My normal number works for me but it often is showing...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@gstanderwick -- My normal number works for me but it often is showing up as the temporary number for some people

Do those other people have your Caller-ID "name" in their list of Contacts, but associated with the temporary phone-number?

If they delete your name from their Contacts, and then you call them, what do they see?

0 Kudos

My partner and I are having the same issue. We transferre...

KarasuRai
Grasshopper

My partner and I are having the same issue. We transferred from Koodo to Shaw. It's been 11 days now. When we text each other it's fine but when we text other people the temp numbers come out on their end.  

0 Kudos

-- same issue Do those other people have your Caller-ID "...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@KarasuRai -- same issue

Do those other people have your Caller-ID "name" in their list of Contacts, but associated with the temporary phone-number?

If they delete your name from their Contacts, and then you call them, what do they see?

Did you configure the temporary number into your mobile phone?

Have you powered-off, then powered-on your mobile-phone, to "reset" any settings that may require a "restart" ?

If you logon to the My Shaw Mobile portal, is everything correct?

0 Kudos

We did all of that. On my phone it's shows my old number...

KarasuRai
Grasshopper

We did all of that. On my phone it's shows my old number and when I log into shaw mobile it's my old number as well. 

No one's saved the temp number on their phone it just appeared. They'll message me then when I reply it comes up as the temp number. 

0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue.  I transferred to Shaw from Ko...

Carol614
Grasshopper

I'm having the same issue.  I transferred to Shaw from Koodo on March 7th and some are still seeing the temporary number. Interesting to note that it seems to be my contacts with Samsung phones that are seeing the temporary number, the ones with Iphones are okay.  I use a Samsung as well.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem. There are two people that r...

Cam42
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem. There are two people that receive texts from me showing my temporary number. All other people receive texts from my old (ported) number. I have tried everything that you suggested. Even the 41111/40001 setup again. It's really weird that it only happens on two phones. They have my contact saved with the ported number and when they send a text through that contact I receive the text. I also receive a text when they reply to the temp number. So it seems to be that my phone is still linked to the temp number 

0 Kudos