Try to chat with rep, but chat box won't work.

RichardJRose
Grasshopper

Totally disguised with free Mobile services

I'm out $52.50!

Very poor, no bad service. My wife and I signed up, purchased 2 sim cards and 1 Gig of data.

Our phones didn't work after a few days because of the area that we live in.

All I got from their service department is "ha too bad, guess this isn't for you" the sales rep's shouldn't of signed you up and I'm out $52.50!

When I phone and cancelled the cell phone the rep said sorry we only refund any phone you purchased not costs for the sim cards and data that you couldn’t use.

In other words, we couldn’t careless, too bad for you!!

I try and go to chat box on mobile site, won't work.

I click on 'Message an gent' the link doesn't work.

I click on contact us and it takes me away from mobile phone and to Shaw internet.

Wow, is this for real your sales rep's sale me a product that doesn't work in my area, which 3 different Shaw tech's tell me, almost as soon as I talk to them, they tell me to go back to the sale's office to close my account and get a refund.

The sale's office tells me to go and sign up somewhere else and then cancel on line and you will get a refund because it is only 12 days since you signed up, and then I get "No you are not allow a refund, too bad for you" 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

-- Totally disguised [disgusted?] with free Mobile servic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RichardJRose -- Totally disguised [disgusted?] with free Mobile services. Very poor, no bad [?] service.

Where do you live? Is there cell-phone service from Telus or Bell or Rogers where you live? If so, Shaw has a "roaming" agreement with them, so that your cell-phone will "roam" from the cellular-network named "Shaw" to the cellular-network named "Nationwide", as needed. There are no additional charges for "roaming" onto the "Nationwide" network.

On your phone, can you open the "settings" to view the available cellular-networks? Does that "Nationwide" network appear as a choice? Can you select it, and connect?

I suggest that you take your phone back to the sales office, where presumably the "Shaw" cellular-network will be in range, and your phone should connect. The sales office can also confirm that your "roaming" settings are correct, to allow your phone to "roam", automatically.

0 Kudos

I talked to two different technician's where we went thro...

RichardJRose
Grasshopper

I talked to two different technician's where we went through, resetting/rebooting etc., in my town.

Then the next day I went to Lethbridge on the east side and used a landline to call the Shaw technicians where we went through all the settings and rebooting etc., on my phone.  In the end they said my phone and my wife's was not compatible to their system, even though they are only two years old. 

They were the one's that told me to go back to Shaw and cancel my contract and get a full refund because it had only been 11 days from when I signed up.

They also said that the sale's person should not have signed me up!

So the bottom line is I followed their advice, only to find out that I'm stuck with the $52.50 bill for the two sim cards and 1 Gig of data that I can't use! 

0 Kudos

-- my phone and my wife's was not compatible to their sys...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RichardJRose -- my phone and my wife's was not compatible to their system, even though they are only two years old. 

What manufacturer and model-number?

To check if your phone is compatible with the Shaw network, please visit the Confirm Shaw Mobile Device Compatibility page.

For Shaw's list of compatible mobile-phones, see: Shaw Mobile: Enhanced Services Device Compatibility

> I'm stuck with the $52.50 bill for the two SIM cards and 1 Gig of data

Switch to a different mobile-phone, and use the SIM card.

Web-sites such as www.KIJIJI.ca and www.used.ca and Craig's List often have listings for used iPhones (5S or newer) or Android-based phones, at good prices.  Be sure that such a phone is "unlocked" -- insert your SIM into it, and see if it will work.

0 Kudos

-- here is another option. If you have collected a pile o...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@RichardJRose -- here is another option. If you have collected a pile of AirMiles, but you don't want to use them to fly anywhere during the COVID-19 pandemic, consider using some of them to acquire a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7

0 Kudos

Yes my tv stations went out this morning and I called Sha...

PaulProvincial
Grasshopper

Yes my tv stations went out this morning and I called Shaw on phone waited 1.5 hours ended up hanging up

then went to the virtual chat to talk to someone....waited 2 hours
this is bull**bleep**

my husband says cancel Shaw and go to telus

0 Kudos

-- my tv stations went out this morning  I did see an ann...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PaulProvincial -- my tv stations went out this morning 

I did see an announcement on Shaw's "outage" web-site, announcing that all TV customers in one area had a similar problem.

If your Internet was still working, you could connect to www.globaltv.com or www.ctv.ca or www.cbcnews.ca or www.citytv.ca and "stream" on your computer screen what you usually watch on your TV screen.

Given that there are 168 hours per week, a "99% uptime" performance would cause a loss of TV for 1.68 hours per week. Is that "bad" service?

0 Kudos