Unable to send MMS on iPhone

BUGSIE91
Grasshopper

I’m using iPhone XR, running on iOS 14.2.

when I try to send picture messages to non iPhone users, the message fails to send. And I’m unable to change the APN settings as Shaw has made it so that I cannot see this option on my phone. Can anyone help me with this? 

thanks,

Bharath

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Do you receive any other error details other than that th...

shaw-valerie

@BUGSIE91 Do you receive any other error details other than that the message has failed to send? A couple things you can check would be to ensure that you have cellular data turned on on your phone and that you're in an area with at least 2 bars of signal. While you cannot input the APN settings manually in iOS, those are set as part of the mobile carrier bundle, so you can check and see if there is an update required there by navigating to Settings->General->About and you will be prompted on that page to update if an update is available. 

0 Kudos

IPhone>settings>messages>enable “Send as SMS.” This will...

rickatk
Master

@BUGSIE91 

IPhone>settings>messages>enable “Send as SMS.” This will allow the non iMessage users to receive your text message as SMS. 

0 Kudos

Thanks! I tried doing this but I’m still unable to send m...

BUGSIE91
Grasshopper

Thanks! I tried doing this but I’m still unable to send mms. I tried switching to my Samsung and the result is still the same. 

0 Kudos

Thanks! I tried this but unfortunately, the issue persists.

BUGSIE91
Grasshopper

Thanks! I tried this but unfortunately, the issue persists. 

0 Kudos

-- the issue persists Just to confirm, you have activated...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BUGSIE91 -- the issue persists

Just to confirm, you have activated both your mobile phones via Shaw Mobile. Correct?

Did you get the "free" plan, which does not allow you to use any "cellular-data", or did you sign-up to include some data?

Have you used all your "cellular-data" for the current billing-period?

0 Kudos

Yes! A shaw support person activated the number for me. I...

BUGSIE91
Grasshopper

Yes! A shaw support person activated the number for me. I have the 35$ plan that gives you 25 gigs of LTE data and I've used cellular data this billing period. That works fine for me.

0 Kudos

I've been having a similar issue intermittently. Just tri...

JV0
Grasshopper

I've been having a similar issue intermittently. Just tried turning off Send as SMS and MMS, turned them back on, resent my MMS messages to a non-iPhone recipient and it worked.