Unable to send text messages from shaw mobile to non iPhone users

Fj2
Grasshopper

I get Not Delivered message when I try and send a message from my shaw mobile iPhone to a non iPhone user.  I can send ta message to the same non iPhone user from my other iPhone which is on TELUS.  Can anyone help?

11 Replies

-- on your iPhone, if you fill-in the SUBJECT field, the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Fj2 -- on your iPhone, if you fill-in the SUBJECT field, the iPhone will use the iMessage protocol to send to another iPhone/iPad.

If you leave that field "blank", the iPhone will use your cellular-connection to send to any brand of mobile phones.

0 Kudos

You have not answered my question.  It will be greatly ap...

Fj2
Grasshopper

You have not answered my question.  It will be greatly appreciated if someone at Shaw can answer my question for me.  I have two iPhones, one with TELUS and one with Shaw Mobile.  The TELUS iPhone can send messages using iMessage to 1-844–928-3088 (which is Home Depot’s curb side delivery number here in St Albert) without any problems..  The Shaw Mobile iPhone cannot send messages to this number, get Not Delivered messages.  Why’s this and how can this problem get fixed?   I suggest the person replying to this try sending a message to this number before responding.

-- You have not answered my question.   I did answer. If...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Fj2 -- You have not answered my question.  

I did answer. If you did not like the answer, then say so.

> It will be greatly appreciated if someone at Shaw can answer my question for me.  

This is a "user-to-user" discussion forum, not a direct pathway to Shaw Support.  So, please contact Shaw, if you want Shaw to answer.

> I have two iPhones, one with TELUS and one with Shaw Mobile.  

Do you have "data" provisioned and also enabled on both iPhones? The "zero-cost" plan from Shaw Mobile does not include "data".

> The TELUS iPhone can send messages using iMessage

That message is sent using "data" through the Telus network, or over WiFi, if your device has a WiFi connection to the #TELUS WiFi network.

> The Shaw Mobile iPhone cannot send messages to this number, get Not Delivered messages.  

If you have the "zero-cost" Shaw Mobile service, and you have not paid $10 to add-on a Gig of "data", you cannot use "data" to send an iMessage.   If you leave the SUBJECT line "blank", then your message will be sent through Shaw's talk and text cellular service.

> Why’s this and how can this problem get fixed?  

See above -- leave the SUBJECT line blank, and the message will be delivered via Shaw's talk and text service.

> I suggest the person replying to this try sending a message to this number before responding.

Instead, I looked at the FAQ, which states:

Once you have received an email that your order is ready for pick-up, drive to the store with your order number and photo ID easily accessible. Follow the signs in the parking lot to the designated pick-up area. Call the phone number and extension listed on the signage and let one of our associates know you’re there for Curbside Pick-Up.

It says "call" -- it does not say that "text" is supported.

Curiously, a Google-search for 844–928-3088 does not return any results that link to Home Depot.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the the quick response mdk.  I am sorry this i...

Fj2
Grasshopper

Thanks for the the quick response mdk.  I am sorry this is the first time I am using this community forum.

i do have DATA on my shaw mobile iPhone and I tried both with wi-fi and without wi-fi using DATA sending a message to this number and it failed each time. I can send messages to all my other contacts and use Safari using DATA without any problems and I also don’t have anything in the subject field.  So I am drawing blanks now.

0 Kudos

Does your carrier bundle for your iPhone need updating? h...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos

-- 1-844–928-3088 (which is Home Depot’s curb side delive...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Fj2 -- 1-844–928-3088 (which is Home Depot’s curb side delivery number here in St Albert) without any problems.. 

I am not in the province that contains St. Albert's Home Depot store.

When I use my land-line Shaw phone to call that number, I get an automated voice "your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number".

So, either that toll-free (844) number is geographically restricted, or it is not correct.

0 Kudos

If you are using iPhone, Make sure you turn on the option...

AuzGil
Grasshopper

If you are using iPhone, Make sure you turn on the option to send as SMS in Message settings. Go to Settings --> Message --> Send as SMS (ON), MMS messaging (ON).

0 Kudos

Me also.  There is no subject line on the text message....

DianneK1
Grasshopper

Me also.  There is no subject line on the text message.  And it is only the message from iphone to non iphone that is an issue.  I also have data so that is not the issue.

0 Kudos

Mine is on and still not getting the messages through to...

DianneK1
Grasshopper

Mine is on and still not getting the messages through to a non iphone

0 Kudos