mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Now on the Freedom Mobile web-site:

$50/mo. (after $5/month Digital Discount) [before taxes]

CANADA-U.S.

40GB data

Fast LTE

FREEDOM NATIONWIDE + U.S.

Unlimited Talk (calls to Canada & U.S. from both Canada & U.S.)

Unlimited Text

Seems like a good plan for frequent travelers into the USA.  Thanks, Videotron.  🙂

0 Kudos
7 Replies

I have been saying for a long time, that all these provid...

wynford
Grasshopper

I have been saying for a long time, that all these providers should have plans just for seniors... I'm one and I barely use my phone as a phone... I mostly text, listen to music and play some games They should have plans something like unlimited talk (just in case of emergencies), text and 5gb data. I, myself have never gone over 3gb in a month, for around $25-30,,, most seniors are surviving just on pensions. What senior uses 40gb data?

0 Kudos

All carriers have small starter plans.

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  All carriers have small starter plans. 

0 Kudos

I've been looking online and going to the carriers stores...

wynford
Grasshopper

@rstra wrote:

@wynford  All carriers have small starter plans. 

I've been looking online and going to the carriers stores in the malls and talking to them and they say they don't have anything like 'small starter plans" unless you want next to nothing in options (less talk time and data).

0 Kudos

-- They should have plans something like unlimited talk (...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wynford -- They should have plans something like unlimited talk (just in case of emergencies), text and 5 gb data.

From TELUS   -- Mobility for Good – Seniors

$25.00 per month (plus taxes) 

3 GB of high-speed data and unlimited data at reduced speeds per month 

Unlimited Canada-wide talk & text

Bring Your Own Phone

Telus also has an Internet plan for $10/month for "low-income" families. I think that it is 75 Mbps.

0 Kudos

That must be something new as I have never seen that befo...

wynford
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@wynford -- They should have plans something like unlimited talk (just in case of emergencies), text and 5 gb data.

From TELUS   -- Mobility for Good – Seniors

$25.00 per month (plus taxes) 

3 GB of high-speed data and unlimited data at reduced speeds per month 

Unlimited Canada-wide talk & text

Bring Your Own Phone

Telus also has an Internet plan for $10/month for "low-income" families. I think that it is 75 Mbps.

That must be something new as I have never seen that before... but it doesn't do me any good...

You can apply if you:

•  

Receive the GIS benefit in the amount of at least $6500 per year

•  

Can provide your Old Age Security statement, also known as the T4A(OAS), indicating an amount of at least $6500 paid to you in box 21 (net supplements paid)

My box 21 for 2022 is less than the minimum of $6500 required... it should be ok for 2023

That low income is for people...  Internet for Good® provides thousands of low-income families in British Columbia, Alberta and some areas of Quebec with the tools and connectivity they need to succeed. Recipients must have children under the age of majority and be currently receiving the maximum Canada Child Benefit.

My kids are married and I live in Manitoba... so that option is out... guess I'll have to wait until 2024 to get my 2023 T4A(OAS)

0 Kudos

Virgin Mobile, unlimited talk and text, 3 gigs data. http...

rstra
Grand Master

@wynford  Virgin Mobile, unlimited talk and text, 3 gigs data.

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/plans/get-a-sim.html#!/BYOP/SIMPLANS/newline

0 Kudos

Things must have change since I last looked and with the...

wynford
Grasshopper

Things must have change since I last looked and with the Shaw/Rogers merger... I'll have to check them out again... thanks for the suggestions

0 Kudos