Jump to solution

Calls to home line sent to unknown number

Not applicable

When some callers try to dial our land line, they are connected with a completely different phone number. We have one friend who can call our Shaw land line number and connect with us right away from her mobile, but every time she calls from her home phone (Shaw land line), she's connected with a completely different number.  

I've tried several calls to Shaw's phone support but the problem remains unresolved. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's tough to be able to gauge the extent of the problem, since people don't realize their calls are being misdirected. Generally we've tried to ignore the problem over the years but the misdirected calls are getting more frequent. We've disabled any call forwarding or blocking options, but it has never resolved the issue.

We'd rather not switch our home phone to another service provider if possible.  Any insights appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Calls to home line sent to unknown number

shaw-tony

Hey jlbrown,

I was able to locate your account through your email on Community to investigate further. The phone support agent you spoke with did send this up to our engineers to review. Looks like they did find an issue and have now fixed the problem. You shouldn't experience the issue anymore. If do you notice the issue again, feel free to let me know!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hi jlbrown 

That's an odd one! It sounds like there is a routing problem causing the call to go to a wrong number. However, it might be an issue with your friend's line rather than yours. Do you know if she has trouble with any other Shaw numbers? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

It IS odd, Tamara! And that's probably why we haven't been able to solve it over the years.

As far as I know, no one (including the friend I mentioned) has this problem with any other number but ours. There are two other callers I'm aware of that had the same problem with our number as my friend -- one of them was with Shaw, the other, I'm not sure.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey jlbrown,

I was able to locate your account through your email on Community to investigate further. The phone support agent you spoke with did send this up to our engineers to review. Looks like they did find an issue and have now fixed the problem. You shouldn't experience the issue anymore. If do you notice the issue again, feel free to let me know!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Thank you Tony!  This has been plaguing us for years so glad to hear it's resolved.  I appreciate your help!

Jackie

p.s. The agent I was finally able to reach on May 28 was great (this was after posting this question on the forum). I'd left a message for a call back Monday night, and never received one -- he advised that it's policy not to call back after 8 pm. So that explains why I didn't get a response.

TALK TO US
We're here to help